Sportsman's Guide

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mrfcobf

Sportsman's Guide

Post by mrfcobf » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Anyone ever have any luck with them?

I had an order in for .380's that was supposed to arrive in a few weeks.

Tonight, I received an email that they would not be arriving until SEPTEMBER 10th!?!?!?

I bought a membership based upon this order to save 10% on the order and get free shipping which, at the time was a better deal that just paying the shipping.

Now, I'm stuck with a membership for a year for $29.99.

If y'all tell me that they're normally great, I'll keep the membership and try again. If not, I'll try to return the membership based upon the way in which they sold it to me (join now and get THIS ORDER with free shipping and save blah blah blah).

Thanks in advance,
Bob

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Never heard of any Issues with Sportsman's guide.....but there has been that pesky shortage of .380acp for a while now that might be the problem..

It seems the ammo companies only do 1 run or so a year of 380, its done on the same line as 9mm para they just swap dies and adjust powder. and with the hostilities overseas 9mm demand is through the roof so 380 has not been a priority.. thats what I heard from my buddy that got it from a ammo rep.

MBCLI

Post by MBCLI » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 am

Unfortunately this has been typical of SG for the last couple of years. I would ask for a refund if I were you. :?
Artillerymen do it with a bang.
Artillery the King of Battle.

NRA Endowment Life
NYSRPA
NMLRA
NYSMLA

wolfflatwin

SG

Post by wolfflatwin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

I had a similar experience with SG but they kept updating me by email and asking if I wished to continue or cancel the order. The ammo order eventually arrived at the promised price albeit a few months later. But it was a no lose proposition. If the price went down, I could cancel. If the price went up, I was protected. Hopefully, as ammo supplies become more available the delay issue will go away.

mrfcobf

Post by mrfcobf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Thanks all! I got the $ back with no problems. They were very nice.

I'm on the hunt for 380's now. Let me know if anyone finds anything in the $20 range for 50. I've had pretty good luck around that price range as long as I don't mind waiting 8 weeks or so (and I don't mind).

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:58 pm

You might want to invest in reloading equipment. you'll really get more bang for your buck out of 380..... IF there isn't a shortage on small pistol primers in your area.. (they are no where to be found around me) large pistol is no issue so i just shoot 45 acp and 44 mag :thumbs up:

mrfcobf

Post by mrfcobf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 pm

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:05 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:You might want to invest in reloading equipment. you'll really get more bang for your buck out of 380..... IF there isn't a shortage on small pistol primers in your area.. (they are no where to be found around me) large pistol is no issue so i just shoot 45 acp and 44 mag :thumbs up:
They are around, but I'm seeing mostly magnum pistol primers at the usual places.

ronn

Re: Sportsman's Guide

Post by ronn » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:12 pm

Used them a few times with excellent results. Had a warranty problem and wanted to return the product and get my membership money back. It was done immediately. They said they have lifetime guarantees if you keep the receipt. Problem is I can never find anything in their mess of a catalog. Half the time get hits for kitchen and home stuff instead of gun items. Rarely use them anymore for this reason. Their Guide Gear electric ear protectors are great and cheap. Best I found.