Scott Brown.

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Scott Brown.

Post by lucam » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 pm

I'm about to throw a party. I don't want to offend anyone, but this is really exciting to me. I hope we take back the house soon too!

To anyone who disagrees, I'm sorry.

hutchman

Post by hutchman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 am

Probably a bunch of really happy people across the country tonight......but there are a bunch of unhappy ones too.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:43 am

The politicians in Washington figured they'd do whatever they wanted and there wasn't anything the American citizens could do about it. Now they're finding out differently. Right now they're saying, "Oh, we're actually ELECTED officials?" There isn't anyway to sugar coat this one. Like that old AT&T commercial used to say, "Can you hear me now? Good!"

I see more surprises on the horizon for party in power come next election season as voters in other states beat them about the heads with the ballot box.

R,
Bullseye

stork
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by stork » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am

Virginia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Olympics...seems like everything Barry touches turns to dust. Perchance he is realizing he is NOT the second coming.

FWIW
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

MBCLI

Post by MBCLI » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 am

Yeah we are celebrating now, however "The Unholy Trio" are still our elected officials and there ability to do mass damage is well documented. The other thing that worries me is the soon to arrive complacency will gradually overtake the Minority powers; who have been known to shoot themselves in the foot with Olympic grade accuracy. Let's sit back and hear the spin as the democraps line up again for their Napoleonic charge---. Let's work even harder to roust these ingrates out of the chicken coup so the foxes will have a good meal. "Doc"
Artillerymen do it with a bang.
Artillery the King of Battle.

NRA Endowment Life
NYSRPA
NMLRA
NYSMLA

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:35 am

It appears that the people who previously voted for change are figuring out that change is not always good. The elected officials need to figure out that we can take them out of office as well as we put them in. I hope that this is the first sign that the American people are taking their country back!!

langenc

Post by langenc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Heard some TV discussion about reps who voted for the health care bill. Question was-will they be reelected and the concensus is that many will be.

I kinda find it amazing that of all the (d)s that voted for the healthcare they are strongly supported by unions-UAW, NEA and Service workers. The amazing part-those supporters will never be affected by the healthcare, if I understand it at all??

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 am

Really? Who are the employers going to pass the cost on to??

They can't raise prices and remain in a competitive market. so it will be passed on to the employees whether union or not.

UAW local 38

langenc

Post by langenc » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:49 am

stork wrote:Virginia, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Olympics...seems like everything Barry touches turns to dust. Perchance he is realizing he is NOT the second coming.

FWIW
Why wopuld he ever admit that??

After 4 yrs the following will occur_

retirement pay, lifetime security for he, she and the kids and who knows what else.

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Since clinton security detail ends at year 6. Of course if we don't get O care rolled back I think he and his family should be enrolled as part of his "retirement" package