Discuss .22 pistols.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Herretts

Post by mark II » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Herrett National 45 on thier 22/45 RP. I was interested in them but not sure if they would fit.
Also does anyone know the screw size that holds on the grip panel on the 22/45 RP? It must be a gun screw size because I look at everything else, I think.
Now for bonus points, can anyone tell me how I got a burr on the inside of my chamber? I know but I want to see who comes up with the correct answer and why.
Thanks,
mark II

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by keithj » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:11 am

Ive got the herritt national match grips on on my MKIII.....love um....you can always buy them and return them if they dont fitt.....or im sure with a tad of mods you can make them fit

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:36 am

What position is your burr located (o'clock)?

R,
Bullseye

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by mark II » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 pm

About the Herrett's, I talked to the company and they where picking up a couple 22/45 to try and adjust the grips to fit. That was a month maybe longer, I did make one phone call to them with no results. I guess I should call them again.
The burr was at 12 o'clock. Bullseye,I know you know what the cause was but wondering if anyone else would know.
Mark II

keithj
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by keithj » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:43 am

I'd say your Burr came from a dry fire with the fireing pin stop removed/ broken .......the onlly way I know of to remove it is a chamber iron ...brownells has them......

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by mark II » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 am

Well Keithj your right, somehow the firing stop pin fell out during cleaning and I didn't see it. I dry fired it a lot afterwards which caused the burr and when I went to shoot it wouldn't cycle. Anyways I fixed it with a small file and some JB weld. Not pretty but work.
A lot of people say it's ok to dry fire on an empty chamber, but I learn my leason.
Mark II