You Got It Right!

This is a place to discuss shooting related topics and techniques.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

You Got It Right!

Post by Song Dawg » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:28 am

I just wanted to say that this forum exemplifies what a good gun forum should be.
The info is second to none. It's the meat & potatoes of gun sites.
The camaraderie is great and revolves around our mutual interest in guns.
Too often firearms forums are full of dime store philosophy, religion and political pontification which is either confrontational or simply a high fivin' reinforcement of our own beliefs. I suppose tail chasin' is fun on some level but I'd rather use my time for seeking info and experiences related to firearms.
Thankfully there's no shortage of the "pure form" right here on Bullseye's Gun Talk!
Thanks Bullseye!

SD

Blindpig

Re: You Got It Right!

Post by Blindpig » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:48 am

Song Dawg wrote:I just wanted to say that this forum exemplifies what a good gun forum should be.
The info is second to none. It's the meat & potatoes of gun sites.
The camaraderie is great and revolves around our mutual interest in guns.
Too often firearms forums are full of dime store philosophy, religion and political pontification which is either confrontational or simply a high fivin' reinforcement of our own beliefs. I suppose tail chasin' is fun on some level but I'd rather use my time for seeking info and experiences related to firearms.
Thankfully there's no shortage of the "pure form" right here on Bullseye's Gun Talk!
Thanks Bullseye!

SD
Amen to that, Song Dawg!

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:36 pm

A Big Plus 1 to that.
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

Tbag
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tbag » Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:58 am

Point me to one site that one can go and get 12 straight days of help, pretty much one on one to help resolve an issue. None that I have ever visited. Without Bullseye's help I would have been regulated to sending my Ruger out for repair. When in the end with his help I fixed the problem at home, while gaining a ton of experiance doing it.

This site is the best! Thanks

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:10 am

Tbag wrote:Point me to one site that one can go and get 12 straight days of help, pretty much one on one to help resolve an issue. None that I have ever visited. Without Bullseye's help I would have been regulated to sending my Ruger out for repair. When in the end with his help I fixed the problem at home, while gaining a ton of experiance doing it.

This site is the best! Thanks
Same here. I put a Volquartsen sear and a Marvel trigger in my Mark II, all with Bullseye's instructions and help and had a ball doing it! Made me think I was some kind of gunsmith!

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:10 pm

Yep! I would have surely kept my MKII a perprtual safe queen. Now it's getting the attention it so richly deserves and has a new brother (MKIII) to boot.... all because of Bullseye's unselfish, enthusiastic and THOROUGH contributions to fellow responsible gunners.

It's very unusual to find someone so eager to provide such sophisticated help without some quid pro quo.
We all should emulate this behavior for the good of our firearms interest.
Imagine the benefits!

SD

ddd482

re

Post by ddd482 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:22 pm

yes- he knows what's what with a ruger auto-

neophyte

reason

Post by neophyte » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:02 pm

was the reason 'I' got stressed out when I couldn't 're-find' the site.
Knowledgeable, unselfish, responsible :D

Thanks to you all, and a Yahoo to the "Bulleye" :D
Craig

By the standards of most

jaeger45
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jaeger45 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:26 pm

Yup- you ask a question and you get no BS answers. You scratch around, and you find nuggets of informtion everywhere.

And you make a friend here and there. And you find a good quip to make you smile here and there.

I agree. We have a good site, brethren.
A bad shot is often caused by a loose nut behind the buttplate