MKIII 22/45 Sear Hammer Upgrade

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

MKIII 22/45 Sear Hammer Upgrade

Post by greener » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:32 pm

I'm getting the itch to tinker with a MKIII and thought putting in a VQ trigger and sear would be a nice tinker. I've done a MKIII Hunter, but seem to remember a discussion on some differences with the 22/45. Any special concerns with doing this?

Also, I've added a VQ trigger and like it. Any significant differences with the Marvel trigger?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:31 pm

There are some internal differences between the 22/45 pistol and the regular metal framed pistol. The sear pin is held in place by the sear spring. The legs of the sear spring on a 22/45 are different and when properly positioned will lock into a groove on the sear pin. Making sure the pin is properly installed with the groove to the left side of the frame, and the sear spring's long leg is in front of the sear pin to lock it in place are the main differences. THe Mark III 22/45 and the Mark II 22/45 have these springs in the same configuration. My disassembly page has a 22/45 link button at the top for the difference data.

The marvel trigger has a flat adjustable positioning face. The new VQ trigger has an external adjustable pretravel screw. Which to install in your pistol comes down to personal preference because both triggers work as well as they were intended by their respective manufacturers. IMO - The VQ is a little easier to get set up right with minimal take-downs.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye