Henry vs 10/22

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

greener wrote:My problem is I need a slightly larger wagon. Carry everything in a soft-side tool bag and I'm picking up a definite list to port going to the range. Unlike oldman, I can't back my car up to the shooting line.

Besides, I still need a pump and Savage. Not to catch up, just to keep oldman and kaz in sight. :lol:
Yes that backing up and going just a few meet to the picnic table to hold your stuff and another 6 feet to the firing line is neat, just took 4 guns , well 5 counting my hip pocket, but only shot 2.
Last edited by bearandoldman on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:42 am

The folding hand trucks are beginning to look better. I've seen one guy who uses one of the Stanley tool boxes with wheels and handle. If you set one of those up with a rack to hold long guns, it would be easier to haul all your gitteritous to the firing line.

The black powder fanatics and CAS guys don't seem to be too shy about trucking stuff to the firing line.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:07 am

greener wrote:The folding hand trucks are beginning to look better. I've seen one guy who uses one of the Stanley tool boxes with wheels and handle. If you set one of those up with a rack to hold long guns, it would be easier to haul all your gitteritous to the firing line.

The black powder fanatics and CAS guys don't seem to be too shy about trucking stuff to the firing line.
Some of those Cowboy shooters have some real plush looking vehicles. Most of the cowboy ranges require them to travel off the paved paths to get to their shooting stage, most have big wheels for loose sand and hilly ground.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

OM & KAZ

Post by Tigerbeetle » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 am

Yeah, I can identify with trying to keep up with BAOM and Kaz. That is a good idea on the Stanley tool box. I should have thought of that. My oldest boy is a cabinet maker and he carries all his tools in one. I would need a hydraulic lift to put his it into the back of my pickup. I don't believe one would be to heavy with my range gear. If it was,I could always load the box after I got it out of the back of the pickup at the range. :D I bet Bear would be a good MusH Dog to pull a wagon for OM :roll: :lol: TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Re: OM & KAZ

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Tigerbeetle wrote:Yeah, I can identify with trying to keep up with BAOM and Kaz. That is a good idea on the Stanley tool box. I should have thought of that. My oldest boy is a cabinet maker and he carries all his tools in one. I would need a hydraulic lift to put his it into the back of my pickup. I don't believe one would be to heavy with my range gear. If it was,I could always load the box after I got it out of the back of the pickup at the range. :D I bet Bear would be a good MusH Dog to pull a wagon for OM :roll: :lol: TB
He probably wold if I had enough dog ookies to pay for the work, but then he would probably take it where he wanted and not where I wanted. We just got back from the rang, sure is nice to just walk a fe feet and get wnother box of ammo out of the ammo storage tool box, or a cold drink from the cooler.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:29 pm

BaOM, go ahead and rub it in. Back up to the range... get a cold drink....

The ones down here in Ga that offer something like that - kinda - charge you about what you pay for a small house to become a member, and then about 3 house payments a year to continue to be a member. I am happy I have a DNR public range within an hour's drive.

I did take Henry II out yesterday. He had a blast, but was a little disappointed in being last. I told him I always save the best for last, and that made feel a bit better.

It would be a hoot if Bear saw a rabbit or flushed a pheasant. Your gear might get a real interesting ride before it got back to the range. :shock:

Glad you had a great time. Any time out is good; some times are just better.
TB
Work is for people who don't hunt, plink or fish. Now that I am retired, I hunt, plink and fish. Life is good.
Tigerbeetle

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:52 pm

TB, now I really going to make you feel bad. Range is 7-1/2 miles from my house and travel time is about 15 to 20 minutes. Range is open 7 days a week and open at 10:00AM on Sunday and 9:00AM all other days, local township noise agreement, to keep residents happy. Keypad at the gate, just punch in the code and it opens. Twelve positions at 25 yard and 3 each at 50 and 100, also a7 yard 2 position range for self defense. Membership is $50.00 a year and use all the range time you want.
All but the 7 yard rage is concrete pave with a nice roof over it, roof has sound baffles hanging in the rafters to reduce noses.

Tigerbeetle
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Tigerbeetle » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:01 am

Bearandoldman wrote:"TB, now I really going to make you feel bad. Range is 7-1/2 miles from my house and travel time is about 15 to 20 minutes. Range is open 7 days a week and open at 10:00AM on Sunday and 9:00AM all other days, local township noise agreement, to keep residents happy. Keypad at the ate, just punch in the code and it opens. Twelve positions at 25 yard and 3 each at 50 and 100, also a7 yard 2 position range for self defense. Membership is $50.00 a year and use all the range time you want. "
BAOM, Oooohhh, I feel faint. Where's my little nitro bottle! I think I am having a sinking spell. You could have gone all year and not said that... :(
My dear old dad once told me life wasn't fair. Now I know what he was talking about. I need to go rest.. VH :oman: :cry:
Tigerbeetle

greener

Post by greener » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:03 pm

Tigerbeetle wrote:
Bearandoldman wrote:"TB, now I really going to make you feel bad. Range is 7-1/2 miles from my house and travel time is about 15 to 20 minutes. Range is open 7 days a week and open at 10:00AM on Sunday and 9:00AM all other days, local township noise agreement, to keep residents happy. Keypad at the ate, just punch in the code and it opens. Twelve positions at 25 yard and 3 each at 50 and 100, also a7 yard 2 position range for self defense. Membership is $50.00 a year and use all the range time you want. "
BAOM, Oooohhh, I feel faint. Where's my little nitro bottle! I think I am having a sinking spell. You could have gone all year and not said that... :(
My dear old dad once told me life wasn't fair. Now I know what he was talking about. I need to go rest.. VH :oman: :cry:
My son, on the other side of the PDRM, from oldman keeps reminding me that his range, 5 minutes from his house has gone up to $55/year. All he gets for it is an automatic gate for entry, club house with indoor range, rifle up to ~300 yards, pistol ranges, shot gun ranges. He says he feels sorry for my having to drive 30 minutes to the $100/year range with only 15, 25, 50, 100 yard ranges and a clays range. Unlimited shooting. If that one closes, there is a closer range but it's $750 entry fee and a couple hundred per year.