Santa Was Very Good To Me!

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Santa Was Very Good To Me!

Post by KAZ » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:26 pm

It is no secret that I've become obsessed with the 22 rimfire in both rifle and pistol form. I still shoot the centerfires, but 90% of my effort is RF. So I convinced Santa's good wife that I had been a marginally good boy and she ordered him to deliver an ANSCHUTZ 1712 with a really nice tiger stripe chunk of lumber. Gang, it shoots! After a very good afternoon at the range I shot some tiny groups(RWS Rifle Target) either in spite of gusty wind or because of gusty wind 8) Then I went back to the range and fired a cold barrel shot right through the center of the bull at 100 yds which we all know will put a smile on your face. I won't admit how many fine pieces I had to sacrifice(sell) to swing this Annie, but so far I don't care. Regards

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:31 pm

That is one nice looking rifle. I know what you mean about how it shoots, my Annie (54 action) shoots very nice too. It is just one of those guns that is very satisfying to shoot.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:39 am

Thanks Bullseye! I'm not surprised that you are ahead of me on these fine rifles. This Annie goes in my "Why did I wait so long" column with the Smith 41. Regards

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:57 am

I took on some 3 position smallbore rifle, back many years ago, when I wanted to increase my highpower rifle scores. I quickly noticed that folks with a smallbore background were doing quite well out on the highpower line and decided that I should investigate why. I bought my Annie from a gent who was looking to get out of the shooting biz and never regretted that decision. Smallbore rifle shooting really helped my scores, especially in off-hand, and I really enjoyed that shooting discipline.

You got a good shooter, go out and enjoy it.

R,
Bullseye

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:33 am

That is a beautifull rifle.

Man, I need to stop messing around and get me a top shelf rifle sooner or later.

JJ
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

tradrick

Post by tradrick » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Very nice looking rifle.I to am bitten by the rimfire bug.Can't really explain it.Just now learning about some of these little treasures.Is the Anschutz rifle in a class by its self like the S&W 41 is?Tradrick

pawn

Post by pawn » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:22 am

Congratulations KAZ, she's a beauty :)

Enjoy your rifle!!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:48 am

Very nice looking rifle.I to am bitten by the rimfire bug.Can't really explain it.Just now learning about some of these little treasures.Is the Anschutz rifle in a class by its self like the S&W 41 is?Tradrick
If you're into smallbore (positional) shooting then that is a good analogy for the Anschutz rifle. Anschutz does make some models that are more of a sporting style and they are very accurate rifles too.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks jj, I understand as it took me a long time to make this decision. I've had zero buyers remorse.
Tradick, when I first started shooting rimfire at my range I was very much in the minority. Now there are many who have come to the same decision. It will teach you just as much,and in some ways more about positions,wind,equipment,etc without the noise. Your thoughts comparing the annie and the 41 are accurate. I've sold off many other pistols to afford the 41 with no regrets. They are both really good values that do deliver.
Thanks pawn, I was determined to get a a good full tiger stripe so I drove 3 hours to a dealer who let me choose from seven.
Regards