Current State of my CZ455 (Cheek Riser Boyds Stock)

Discuss .22 Rifles.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Current State of my CZ455 (Cheek Riser Boyds Stock)

Post by jstanfield103 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:17 am

here is the rifle in it's current state with my Caldwell rest and bag. The Riser is not quite finished yet still waiting on the hidden nuts to arrive. It does not look professionally done or factory done but it will work well and gets my eye inline with the scope. It's hard to get everything perfect with the meager equipment that I have but it is eye catching anyway. like I said it will work really well when finished and until I can afford my Klinsky Target stock . Total cost $15.00 with the awaiting nuts.
Last edited by jstanfield103 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:18 am

Darn, that's nice!!! Great job!!!
Now all's you need is ammo.
Haka
Last edited by Hakaman on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:11 am

Looks pretty good to me from those shots. I like the colors of that laminated stock.

R,
Bullseye

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks guy's I also got rid of that huge picture.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:20 pm

Looks very good from those pictures.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:13 pm

jstanfield103 wrote:Thanks guy's I also got rid of that huge picture.
I'm glad you did. I had fixed the broken photo code only to see that picture expand out to mega-sized. I didn't want to remove it myself but I figured you would.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Nice looking rig

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:18 am

Sorry Bullseye, it did not seem to do that when I loaded it. I would have understood completely if you would have removed it. But thanks for all the effort.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:57 am

No reason to apologize. I just noticed that the picture wasn't visible and the http code was showing so I went in and fixed the problem. All that caused it was a missing end bracket on the closing image tag. Once I fixed it that huge picture popped up - Whoa! My forum's server can handle anything but I thought you really wouldn't want that up since some folks would have issues downloading it. I'll bet if it had originally shown itself as that large you would have dropped it right from the start. I've done that a time or two myself. It is a great picture, just mammoth sized.

Sweet looking rifle!

R,
Bullseye

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:20 pm

Finally got the hidden nuts installed on the cheek riser so it is and the gun maybe finally finished. I am happy with the results of the cheek riser and the gun, in fact Love the gun. The only thing I might end up doing to finish it out is buy a Klinsky Target stock from Denny. But it shoot so well now that I don't know if I will or will not, but I really like the way the Kinsky are made so probably will a little later.
Anyway here are the pictures of the hidden nuts installed and the range test best group for the day.
Target was 25 yards little wind 72 Degree's, 5 shot Grouping size was .358 I am satisfied. I also was thinking about getting a Lilja Barrel but this one shoots as better than I do. The Riser does not look professionally done but I enjoyed doing it and it works really well.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:39 pm

Always have liked those colors in a laminate stock, a few years back I bought a Revolution Tundra and, in those colors that they called Fire and Ice. Used one of my 10-22's with a Green Mountain bull barrel and it sahoots very well. Hers is a pic of the gun and also a target shot at 25 yards, the groups measure as I recall, right around .250.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Bearandoldman, that is a very nice looking rifle and some awesome shooting. I Like, thanks for posting it looks like I must tighten my groups up.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:19 pm

That gun and most other guns will always be able to outshoot this oldman

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:33 am

jstanfield103 wrote:Bearandoldman, that is a very nice looking rifle and some awesome shooting. I Like, thanks for posting it looks like I must tighten my groups up.
Meant compliment you the other day on your woodworking skills, looks pretty professional to me. What brand stock is that? I have done a lot of woodworking myself, but don't think I would have the courage to run that stock through the band saw to make an adjustable comb. You had to make a fixture to hold the stock perpendicular to the bade and the drill bit in the drill press to get that job done that well. I still have a fixture I made to hold my 10/22 stocks in the drill press to drill and spot face them to install a pillar.
Here are a couple of items I have built in the past, built a pair of the candle lanterns and one clock for me and one for my youngest daughter.

jstanfield103
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jstanfield103 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:28 am

Bearandoldman, those are excellent, the stock is a Boyd's and I used a scroll saw to cut it with. The stock was so hard broke three blades. I eyed it all by hand. Thanks for the compliment and thanks again for the pictures. I passed a 10/22 up because I wanted a really accurate 22 rifle so I went for the bolt action. But after seeing yours I may buy one and put a Kidd barrel and trigger in it. I am getting reading to buy a couple of gun's in Late January, one is definitely going to be a brand new 7" S&W Model 41 and the second will be maybe a Marlin 39A Mountie or a really Nice 10/22.