Need suggestions with reloading set up purchase.

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ekaphoto

Need suggestions with reloading set up purchase.

Post by ekaphoto » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:18 pm

I have reloaded for 20 years although not much in the last few. I always used a single press setup because I was loading for accuracy and low volume so I weighed each charge etc etc. With the price of ammo I want to get a progressive set up and load some handgun ammo. To be honest I am not sure what is out there as far as quality, price and ease of use. I don't need top of the line, but I don't want junk either. I want it to be as simple and automatic as possable, meaning I hope all I have to do is put on cases, place a bullet over the case, then pull the lever. Any suggestions?
John

wlambert
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by wlambert » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:52 pm

I loading all my Bullseye ammo with a Dillon 550 B. It is a really good machine and Dillon has a reputation for standing behind their stuff.

wlambert
NRA Benefactor
Lehigh Valley Police Revolver League
Guthsville Pistol League

recumbent
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by recumbent » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:54 pm

Dillon = great quality and customer service.
"I seek not to know all the answers, but to understand the questions."
- Kwai Chang Caine -

ekaphoto

Post by ekaphoto » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Looks loike dillon is the way to go. Thanks everyone.
John

DancesWithSquirrels
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hornady LNL

Post by DancesWithSquirrels » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 am

Dillon makes excellent products and stands behind their stuff with good customer service. But don't over look the Hornady LNL. You can get one for a pretty good savings over the equivalent Dillon. It is a well made, reliable press with auto-indexing, fairly quick caliber changes, easy setup and adjustment. Hornady's customer service is also excellent in my experience. Also, they have a promotion going on where you get 1000 free bullets with the purchase of a LNL press. That is worth about $200 right there.

DWS