Photobucket 3rd party hosting charge

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Photobucket 3rd party hosting charge

Post by greener » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:27 am

I read something about photobucket charging for linking images. The only plan they have that allows it is $399/year.

http://photobucket.com/terms
Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: Photobucket 3rd party hosting charge

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:58 pm

I have seen some of the complaints about PB's new TOS and pricing for services. For me this is not an issue because I host all of my own photos on my own website's server. Not everyone has that option available to them. I do have a few images still on PB but I don't use them anymore. Now that this situation has come up I guess it is time to just dump the old PB account. It appears that I am not alone in this opinion. I can't imagine that will help PB with their funding issues, if their traffic level drops, then any advertiser/sponsors they currently have will likely also move on to other higher traffic potential websites.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Greener I have always used Picasa web albums thru google, as far as I know it is still free
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:36 am

I've still used photobucket for embedding photos. Don't do much of that anymore.

I've got picassa.

My computer thinks I have around 31k pictures. Picassa is the easiest way to find things despite my best efforts to organize the.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:54 pm

I don't use photo sites, as I never trusted them to do well. Too often I see photos on forums go poof, then the post is often useless. Comments on other websites seem to think PB has commited suicide, and I think that's about right. Most alternatives I've seen mentioned favor a service called Imgur.

Nice to see some activity. I'll share a YouTube of a new ladies' holster, that may brighten your day a little..... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHhLYaFaHLI
* Two Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* Two NAA Guardian .32ACP
* Three Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)