Election Day

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Election Day

Post by Gatmandu » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:29 am

Just voted.

Now off to he indoor range for an hour or two of fun. :D

Don
I know nothing.......

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: Election Day

Post by Bullseye » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:13 am

The new President-elect Trump just gave his acceptance speech; the nation dodged a serious bullet last night. What is also fortunate is it looks as if he will also have majorities in both the House and the Senate. With Supreme Court positions that will be filled during his presidency the rule of Law will likely be restored. It is too soon to tell what the new administration will accomplish but if the other candidate had been victorious there was little doubt how the nation would have been governed. I do truly hope that America will be great again, as it should be!

R,
Bullseye

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:23 pm

I second your thoughts on this election Bullseye.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:31 pm

"Will see," said the wise man. -- Quote from the Movie Charlie Wilson's War.
Only time will tell.

R,
Bullseye

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Post by greener » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:35 am

I'm indulging my propensity to argue with posts and am in a chat group heavily dominated by liberals. They have been freaking out so regularly that they need the topic du jour just to keep up with what to freak out over. I suggested they pick a date and time for each thing so they could schedule it and give it appropriate time. Like my calendar entry saying I'm going to worry about an asteroid hitting the earth from 2AM-6AM on Jan 4,2019. For some reason they didn't like the idea.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:31 pm

:D ......Poor babies are still in shock and whining. The media is still pumping out every story they can dream up to make us afraid of Trump. I know that he was absolutely the better choice, but I still have reservations. His gruff style and loose cannon mouth can be a problem. Not the most diplomatic President by far. What he wants and what he can do may be a mile apart on some things. I'm hoping we don't have any major disappointments or total disasters. As Bullseye said, only time will tell.
* Two Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* Two NAA Guardian .32ACP
* Three Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Gatmandu » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Tying the two subjects together (that would be the election result and the general subject of firearms) I noticed something today:

I went to one of the gun stores I often frequent and I noticed there was only one other patron milling around. I gathered up what I wanted and in the process of paying I asked the employee "how's business ?". She said it was "dead'. I said "oh, aren't you normally busy this time of year ?". She replied "yes, but the election......".

I guess the 8 years of the gun selling boom is over. I'm very thankful the constant threat against the 2nd Amendment is greatly diminished as every American should be, but gun store owners must have mixed-feelings in a strange kind of way.

It seems to me that competition among the various manufactures will become keen which will be a nice benefit for us consumers.

Your thought please......

Don
I know nothing.......

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:38 pm

My preferred competition among gun makers would be to see less plastic, more steel and wood. I doubt that's going to ever happen. Too many younger hi-tech types out there, sold on plastic by ARs and Glocks..... :?:

My not yet made wish would be for Ruger to make a Bearcat sized top-break .22 revolver. Modern replacement for the H&R Sportsman 999... :D
* Two Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* Two NAA Guardian .32ACP
* Three Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:21 am

I'm looking forward to the drought of .22 ammo to cease. Hopefully the post-election slum at the stores will allow ammo stocks to recover sufficiently for the price to dip once again.

R,
Bullseye