Just noticed gun prices

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener
Garrulous Maximus
Garrulous Maximus

Just noticed gun prices

Post by greener » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 pm

I was in the mood to look and actually, maybe, buy this afternoon until I strolled through Greentop. $900 for a MKIII Hunter with holo sight? Only $600 without the sight. Sale prices for even used guns were out of sight. A used SR9 was $50 more than I paid for mine new.

Maybe I haven't seriously looked at prices for a while but today was a shocker. I seem to remember pretty good prices when I was looking for a shot gun last year but really seem to have jumped this year.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:17 am

Retailers seem to be getting a bit ahead of next year's national election sales crunch with their product pricing. As long as demand stays "up", the prices will follow accordingly.

.22 ammo seems to be slowly seeping out to retail shelves but the prices remain high for what's available. I know some folks who are holding back on that next purchase just because their ammo of choice is in short supply.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:09 am

As to gun prices, I had to really think over buying my SP-101 .22, at $585 out the door. It was actually a good deal since MSRP is $719. Ruger used to raise prices once a year, now it seems to be three times. I guess that's why they no longer have printed catalogs.

Ammo at all three of my local big boxes has almost dried up for the last three weeks. Sportsman's has an occaisional case of Thunderbolts....yecchh ...Dick's has had a very little Winchester.....nothing good. Gander has supposedly had some Golden Bullet buckets, 90 bucks for 1400 rounds, no thanks at that price.

I can't understand Federal. Haven't seen any local since February except a very few Auto Match. Online it's scarce. I've had notifications set up at Midway for months, for any type of Federal .22. They emailed me once in May, at 6 AM, that they had Value Packs. Nothing since.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:08 am

I guess prices are dependant on what is in demand. AR prices are rock bottom, ccw and plinkers are up.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:32 pm

I got some guns for sale that are reasonably priced.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:33 pm

I haven't been wanting anything for myself lately, but I have a few unfinished projects, and there is a rifle for my son that I've been intending to put together.