What the founders meant in the 2nd Amendment

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

What the founders meant in the 2nd Amendment

Post by greener » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:05 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The people that get it, get it. The people that don't get it will NEVER get it.

The scary part is that the people that don't get it, or don't care, are very close to being in the majority now, if they aren't already.

As evidence, I give you the recent elections. Despite the massive expenditure of time, effort and money by the NRA and like organizations, we lost across the board.

We mustn't give up of course, but I have this awful feeling that we're already screwed and I for one am destined to become an outlaw.
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

charlesb
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by charlesb » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:28 am

Evan Sayet's book, "Kindergarden of Evil" explains many things about liberals that were previously a mystery.

http://www.amazon.com/KinderGarden-Of-E ... 1480010421

There is a YouTube video that gives a preview, but I find the book to be most instructive, well worth the bucks. - I got the Kindle version for less.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaE98w1KZ-c

I very seldom suggest reading or viewing material to my peers, but this is a worthwhile exception.

The video is 45 minutes long, starts off dubiously - but those who stick with it will be very glad that they did.

I sure was.

Now I know where liberals are coming from, and why they act and think like they do.

It's a hoot.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 pm

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington

I think I liked this quote the best...... Actually, most of the quotes from the founding fathers were my favorites
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:28 pm

They fought an overly oppressive government for over six years, they knew exactly what they were talking about when the second amendment came up for discussion. It was the seizing of arms and powder that began the war in 1775.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm glad I have a small collection of older history books. New ones might have a different slant.