New York gun laws pass

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

New York gun laws pass

Post by ruger22 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 pm

One source of info, Google says one hour old:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/1835785/

Cuomo's shopping list of uninformed idiocy. Wonder how much can be done to overturn it?

If I were a New Yorker, I'd be very illegal now with my 14 ten round mags for my Mark III and 10/22, but okay if I owned a 1911 with a seven round mag. Makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Activism is doubly important now.
Write your representatives.
If they don't disregard the Constitution, thank them and remind them to be more vocal
If they're statist trash trying to disarm citizens, remind them that they can be fired.
If they're on the fence, persuade them and point out that you will support/donate/volunteer for the pro-rights candidate in the next election

EMail is the best method - ID as a constituent, keep message simple, remember that it will be read by a congressional correspondence aide and tabulated - - so being rude or over-the-top just gets your letter canned.
Write your own, form letters are nearly ignored.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:13 pm

The gun grabbers will do their best to ram gun control through as fast as they can before the people have a chance to react.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:23 pm

100% agree BFD. Keep on letting Congress know how you feel.

Also, if any of you guys can make it to your state capital this Saturday for the "Guns Across America" rally, please do so. We need people out there, and being very nice and well spoken, all of you guys are the best people to have out there. Just go if you can, don't need a sign or anything, just go to support the constitution, to support freedom.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 am

One of the biggest changes to the format of the law is a ban on ammunition magazine capacities of more than 7 rounds. This has an impact on many more models than the normal capacity bans. The new Law could even cover en-block feeding devices like the ones used in the M-1 Garand, since these hold eight rounds of ammunition.

More knee-jerk solutions to non-problems.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Now that the NY bill passed I'm waiting for someone to challenge it up to SCOTUS. I'm sure our side has lawyers already working on the arguments to violating 2nd ammendment rights.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne