Magazine Clips?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Magazine Clips?

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:09 pm

Now we all are for the 2nd ammendment here, and we all can agree that everybody is entitled to their opinion (whether or not its right or not). but I have issue with those who want to ban or tell anyone they should not have an Item who does not do their homework and uses terms common to that item correctly.

for example the Pres. came out in a press conference today and advised
What you can count on is that the things that I've said in the past - the belief that we have to have stronger background checks, that we can do a much better job in terms of keeping these magazine clips with high capacity out of the hands of those who shouldn't have them, an assault weapons ban that's meaningful - those are things I continue to believe make sense,"
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... s-ban?lite

whats a high cap magazine clip anyhow? and who shouldn't have them?

whats a meaningful Assault weapon ban? or an assault weapon? if I assault you with a club is that an assault weapon?

to me when some would say "high capacity magazine clips" I picture a device used to hold a magazines in a certain spot.
like this.

I could respect someones arguments more if they learned about what they didn't want someone else to have first. uninformed arguments don't get any respect, and neither does yelling to get ones point across. I don't have to agree with someones views but if they are informed about the topic I can respect their opinion.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

A coworker was talking about the amount of ammunition he had, mostly shot gun, and correctly described his storage area as a "magazine".

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

So that's why.

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:46 pm

So that's why THEY want to have all guns registered, so they can track the movement of firearms---don't believe it. What they really want is to be able to confiscate all the registered arms. Sounds like Germany. When they are registered they can be confiscated. They will come to your door and demand that you turn them in.

ps...I do have a tendancy to yell, though.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:08 pm

I agree, bg, if one is arguing against something they should learn the nomenclature.

However, the anti-self defensers don't care, the only thing they care about is disarming law-abiding Americans. After all, an "assault weapon" is a term that congress just made up one day (presumably a spin off of assault rifle), so they clearly don't really care about using correct, or existing designations. Consequently, an "assault weapon" is whatever law makers want it to be. Currently, it seems they wan't it to be anything semi-auto with a detachable magazine, so 95% of all firearms used by law-abiding Americans.

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Consequently, an "assault weapon" is whatever law makers want it to be. Currently, it seems they wan't it to be anything semi-auto with a detachable magazine, so 95% of all firearms used by law-abiding Americans.
Well, I have revolvers in 22lr, 38sp/357mag, 45LC. Maybe they will come in handy?
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:37 pm

This situation is not about crime control, it is simply unrestricted citizen control. Nothing they're talking about will reduce any crime and may even increase the levels of it.

R,
Bullseye