Rant on gun policy

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Rant on gun policy

Post by greener » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:17 pm

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=215107

It get's better, but this is pretty good

If there's a bump in the night and it's a thug intent on attacking my family, it's my responsibility to deal with it first. That's who I am as the head of the household. I am the first responder, because my other alternative is to be the first victim, either alongside or right in front of my daughter. And again, while you don't expect such an event to happen, and you arrange your life as best you're able to prevent it, there is no such thing as a guarantee.

Now please understand one thing very clearly before we continue.

Mayor Bloomberg and President Obama don't have this issue.

They literally do not care about such things, and they design their life and their public office so as to be able to not care. It is an intentional act they could cast aside should they so choose, but they have not and will not.

Mayor Bloomberg has a small cadre of hired hands who are near and with him literally 24 hours a day. They are armed, all the time, and they are paid to worry about these things so he doesn't have to.

Likewise, President Obama has a literal army of trained, armed soldiers in the form of parts of the military and an entire division of officers (The Secret Service) whose job it is, once again, to make this not his problem for both him and his entire family. Michelle and his children do not have to concern themselves about these issues because there are literally over a thousand others who are paid to take that responsibility -- up to and including eating a bullet in their place.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 am

Funny how he gets on TV interrupting Sunday Night Football for this politically expedient event but was notably absent (albeit silent) after both the Bengazi and Ft. Hood attacks. One idiot tries to ignite his shoes on an airline flight and now everyone has to take their shoes off before boarding any airplane, enlarging a huge bureaucratic wasteful organization like TSA but make a suggestion to add armed guards to schools and they claim that costs way too much money. Well if saving the children is so important, don't you think that is money well spent? Of course they don't really care about saving the children because if they did they'd stop spending all their futures like there's no tomorrow.

R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:32 am

While I'm on a rant let me add this one... A lot of negative attention has been leveled at the pro-gun mother of this nut for not denying him access to these deadly weapons. However new details are being slowly, and very faintly hidden deep within articles, released that she had them locked up in some kind of locking container in the basement. I wondered about this earlier, but the media will not draw any attention to this aspect of the crime because it doesn't fit into their agenda. They want to demonize the mother as irresponsible with the security of her firearms. But, if he had unfettered access to these weapons, then why didn't he commit this type of crime when she was away on one her several multi-day mini vacations? One of which she took just a few days before the heinous incident at happened at the elementary school. Why did he kill her while she was asleep in her bed? Now I believe the real reason was to gain access to her keys and gain access to that cabinet with all the guns secured in it.

Lots of claims floating around that he was wearing a bullet-proof vest, I find this hard to believe, especially with all the misinformation the press has spewed out on this incident. I'm convinced just like that nut in the Colorado theater this kid likely had on a tactical vest to keep the rifle's magazines handy while attacking the school. If he did have on a ballistic vest, how did he get it? This makes me wonder if we'll ever get the whole story on what actually happened at this crime scene.

R,
Bullseye

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Just was made aware of the article (below) and I have no idea as to the authenticity, but ..its worth at least thinking about.
There seems to be lots of DIS-information flying around in the news.

http://www.sott.net/article/254873-Sand ... of-control

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:28 pm

Misinformation is the hallmark of todays "We got to be first" style of journalism instead of the classic "get the story right" style they should take.

A semi auto rifle is an "assault weapon" a Load bearing vest becomes a "bulletproof vest" etc etc etc

medi Hat that article was pretty good but, it was spun in bad way to push the conspiracy theory agenda. from taking a ton of eyewitness accounts at assaults, fights, crashes, etc over the years. I have found that most people will fill in the blanks of what they don't know with what the think happened. which explains accounts of multiple gunmen, when there was one.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:06 pm

I didn't intend to sound like I was endorsing the article, It was sent to me in an e-mail. I was just putting it out there. Also, I agree with bgreenea3 re: 'eye-witness" accounts.
I spent over 40 years in health care, from Army Medic, to RN, most of it working in ER. As such, I encountered LE folks frequently (many of them my friends). I have the utmost respect for LE. I learned early on that eye-witness wasn't reliable.
The Sandy Hook tradgedy was just that. Using the grief involved to push agendas is just plain wrong in my opinion, regardless of what that agenda may be. Those folks need time to heal, and part of that is the greiving process. The constant bombarment of the media doesn't help.
Prayers for those involved are much more needed than all the media hype, in my personal opinion.

greener

Post by greener » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 pm

In 1980 I was in a building that exploded from a spark igniting a ton of toluene vapor. I distinctly remember seeing a fork lift hit a mix tank suspended from the mezzanine at the other end of the building. I took off toward the flame and would have been down there if one of my supervisors hadn't tackled me. I remember it clearer than I remember closing off the reactor that had about 40' of flame coming out of the manway.

The forklift would have had to defy gravity to do what I remember seeing and the person I saw driving the forklift was not in the building. I could pass a polygraph describing it. It didn't happen. Putting out the burning 6000 gallon reactor fire did happen.

It's easy for me to see how folks could report erroneously on an event.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:40 am

One of the things I learned from conducting investigations during my time in the military is, "versions of the truth abound." Never trust the initial story. The eye witnesses are all telling the truth, as they perceive it, but their truths usually do not reflect reality in all aspects; just like greener mentioned in his earlier posting. With time the actual events will reveal themselves to the investigators, but still keep asking questions and rechecking the facts.

R,
Bullseye

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:08 pm

so dad, is that why you refer to Toluene as "deadly toluene"?

And I have found that if multiple people give you an account of an event, the truth is usually a mixture of the accounts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R5VxAeb ... UQ&index=2

here is a good rant done well
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 pm

I'd like to nominate ANYONE here to either be in Congress or journalism, you seem to be so matter of FACT