assault magazines

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

assault magazines

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:11 pm

So I was reading up on Sen Feinstien's proposed AWB. The new ban is going to be expanded to list over 100 "assault rifles shotguns and pistols". Whatever those are. Also there is no use for military style weapons in our society, so you guys that shoot garands, Springfield 03's, or m1a's in competition are officially outlaws. Wait doesn't out military use pump shotguns and bolt action rifles too???? Put 'em on the list. The 1911 was designed for the military, no real use for that one either I guess.

Two other lawmakers are proposing a ban on "assault magazines". Now I've heard a lot of firearms terms over the years but I've never heard of an assault magazine. What is that?

A magazine that holds more than 10 rounds are "assault magazines".

I think I'll go shoot my assault 10/22 carbine.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: assault magazines

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:
First it myst be painted black and then it will be a tactical assault weapon.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:44 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:
First it myst be painted black and then it will be a tactical assault weapon.
Wonder if I can find a black stock for my Glenfield M60 with its 17 round tube feeder? It could have a pistol grip. Wait, the mag is detachable. Darn.

Hmm, my 10/22 has a black Fajen stock. All I need is a high-cap mag

greener

Post by greener » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:45 pm

bgreenea3 wrote:So I was reading up on Sen Feinstien's proposed AWB. The new ban is going to be expanded to list over 100 "assault rifles shotguns and pistols". Whatever those are. Also there is no use for military style weapons in our society, so you guys that shoot garands, Springfield 03's, or m1a's in competition are officially outlaws. Wait doesn't out military use pump shotguns and bolt action rifles too???? Put 'em on the list. The 1911 was designed for the military, no real use for that one either I guess.

Two other lawmakers are proposing a ban on "assault magazines". Now I've heard a lot of firearms terms over the years but I've never heard of an assault magazine. What is that?

A magazine that holds more than 10 rounds are "assault magazines".

You don't need an assault 10/22 for hunting so you need to dispose of it in the red Tahoe that will be parked in your driveway next week.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:01 pm

So I wandered by the gunshop today. They usually have 50 or so ar15s on the wall.....they were down to 1 all the semi auto rifles were just about sold out. M1a's AK's and all the 22 tacticool versions of those. I went in to look for a stripped lower and just happened to get the very last ar15 lower ( there were still a couple of ar10 lowers left. The guys working behind the counter looked a bit frazzled to say the least.

The magpul assault mags were a hot seller at $10 or so above what they should be priced.

Now I have a winter project of building an ar..... Sweet
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:06 pm

This is the kind of thinking you get from the average politician these days. They typically do not have a clue as to what they are talking about, but they are more than willing to do whatever they think will get them re-elected. I still say we should force Congress to institute term limits on themselves. Two term of senators and three for representatives.

Y

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:29 pm

NICS has been overloaded with new firearms purchase requests since the announcement by the President. Folks are scrambling to pick up what they can before all the goodies are gone.

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:13 am

Bullseye wrote:NICS has been overloaded with new firearms purchase requests since the announcement by the President. Folks are scrambling to pick up what they can before all the goodies are gone.

R,
Bullseye
I thought about doing that, but as usual, I think about it when the prices are high.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:13 am

Most folks are speculating, they figure with the current economy buy low and sell very high. A good idea with current investment return rates today. Prices for AR-15's went astronomical with the first AWB. A Pre-ban AR that originally sold for $550 retail was going for $2,700 after the implementation. The same was true for high cap mags. That's a pretty good mark-up if you're looking to invest. Already the retailers are in front on this one and the prices have climbed significantly in just a week for on-hand stocks of ARs. This is another reason why they want to also ban all future transfers once the legislation is enacted. One of the reasons why I left "Commie-fornia" was to get away from this garbage, it seems like deja vu to me.

R,
Bullseye