Right or Wrong?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Right or Wrong?

Post by greener » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:29 am

Was the employee right to take action or Autozone right to fire him?

http://wtkr.com/2012/11/30/autozone-emp ... rd-bandit/

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am

That's a tough one. If I had a chance to leave, I would be out of arms way if unarmed. He could have blocked his exit with a car if he saw how the BG arrived. If he was a CC and company policy allowed it, it would have been fine. The bad thing is AZ policy and they followed it. They should of allowed an exception to there policy if circumstance allowed. I bet another business will hire him and may even allow CC if he has a permit for one.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:35 am

Some times doing the right thing isn't the right thing...... If auto zone doesn't want its employees to defend themselves then I guess they will get robbed a lot.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:42 pm

It doesn't even appear that he fired at the bg? I commend him for his mature, and responsible method of handling the situation. I don't agree with the idea that citizens can't defend themselves at their employment, our society is quite paranoid and over sensitive. I worked at major utility that has the same zero policy as AutoZone. As a field worker, I would work in some pretty dangerous locations, IMO. Many of my peers, including myself would always ask if we could carry a hg while working, even if it were stowed in our own personal car. We knew the answer to the question before we asked it, but would always pursue the topic at our monthly meetings. Ironically, this same corporation operated a gun club at a company owned location for many, many years! Funny things is, with story telling as it is, I never heard anybody relate a story about someone going postal. Never have I heard one instance of abuse, not even in the least of severity. I think most will agree, when you have an armed society, you have a safe and respectful society.