Gander Mountain Gun World

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Gander Mountain Gun World

Post by ruger22 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Ad in yesterday's paper for this. I haven't looked yet, the Grand Opening is next weekend. From what I see Googling it, they make a store about 75% guns by removing the fishing, skiiing, and camping stuff. The ad claims over 3k firearms in stock.

My budget is tapped out, and don't know of any guns I actually want, anyway. I wouldn't mind a larger selection of holsters and other accessories. Gander is normally pretty thin on that.

Ten minute drive, I may make it there today.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 pm

I got a really good deal from Gander on a 22/45 several years ago. They also have really great deals on used guns every now and then. Seem to be real proud of their new guns.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:12 am

I've gotten quite a few great deals off the used racks there over the years. they are waaaay more proud of their ammo than their new guns... ammo is usually quite a bit higher than anyone else around.... its still hard to beat Wally World for plinkin' ammo
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:25 am

I went, and it's really something. They now have about 200 feet of elbow high cases for handguns and optics, with long gun racks on the wall behind them all. The used handguns have increased from one case to five. I'd say you stand a pretty good chance of finding any gun in current production.

The prettiest was a recent Colt SAA, fully engraved, nickel plated, for $2900. The used cases seemed to be mostly 9mms (lots of Glocks), and several of the old Tokarev 7.62 pistols.

Otherwise, they had expanded the ammo, holsters, etc. by maybe 20%, but one of the clerks I know said more is coming. The prices didn't look any better, though.

You need a drool cup, and lots of cash or plastic.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols