MARKII.ORG ?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

CWFI34

MARKII.ORG ?

Post by CWFI34 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:00 pm

Hi Guys,
Glad I bookmarked Bullseye's sight. Anyone know what happened to MarkII.ORG I got some lame website full of ADS. I thought everything was cool and the domain was safe. Thank Goodness Bullseye kept us all together so to speak. Thanks again bullseye :)

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:34 pm

Welcome CWFI34,

All is safe. Rooks just backing up the system to transfer over to a new ISP. Should take a few hours and then Mark II.org will be back online - pending any unforseen circumstances. Lets hope all goes smoothly.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:06 am

Bullseye wrote:Welcome CWFI34,

All is safe. Rooks just backing up the system to transfer over to a new ISP. Should take a few hours and then Mark II.org will be back online - pending any unforseen circumstances. Lets hope all goes smoothly.

R,
Bullseye
got my fingers crossed at this time and hope all goes well
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:25 am

Looking this morning, the server swap over didn't go well. I'm getting a MYSQL error from Mark II.org. When I go back to the root address I see the beginnng of a page but it's definitely not loading correctly. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Rook just started back up at school so he may have classes and unable to work with tech support at this time.

R,
Bullseye

seal killer

Post by seal killer » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:57 pm

Bullseye--

I have a professional website. Once, I changed ISPs. There was no problem whatsoever. Of course, it cost me $300k.

Another time, I had to change ISPs on a personal web site. It cost me nothing. I still can't use it.

I wish "Rook" all the luck in the world.

--seal killer

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:07 pm

I changed my ISP over to Globat last night and eveything seems to have gone smoothly. My IE6 browser is acting up, but it's only on my machine. I switched over to Firefox and everything's running slicker than snake snot now. I also put in a Java Script code to temporarily divert anyone to the new host while the swap over was in progress. Now all I have to do is turn off the old host ISP. He doesn't have anyone to help him. Fortunately I have my wife, who's an expert at this kind of stuff.

Globat is the same ISP that Rook is placing MarkII.org on as the future host. There must have been a problem with his database back up.

R,
Bullseye

CWFI34

Thanks

Post by CWFI34 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:02 pm

:D Thanks Guys. I like the site Bullseye and I'll be cruisin around it. Old Man give bear a pat and cookie for me.
Jim

Remander

Post by Remander » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:29 am

E-mailed Rook today at mid-day. He is working on the changeover. Hopes to be back and running within a day or two.

Send him a few $$ to help if you can spare it.

His email is [email protected]. He will share his mailing address for donations if you ask.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:39 am

Remander, Thanks for the update!

I sent him some money last week.

Anyone else who can spare some cash, don't forget to pitch in for the cause. Rook wants to upgrade the Mark II.org bulletin board software and add in some new features. Plus, you'll get a new color for your "who's online" name ID. :D

R,
Bullseye

jambiex

Post by jambiex » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:57 pm

Looks like somebody else took over the web site!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:47 pm

Rook got his domain name all set and was switching to a new host ISP. He's getting a better package from the new host and their should be a significant bandwith increase on MarkII.org. I don't know how much time he has to devote to the swap over. He has a really tight schedule with college restarting and his job. When I go there now I just get a white screen but earlier I was getting a text message saying he was working on the swap.

R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:16 pm

I just went over to the Mark II.org webpage. The root directory is still there even though the forum bulletin board is not. Anyone who's interested in donating to the site's Paypal account can go to the page and follow the instructions for donations.

Here's a link:Mark II.org support fund

R,
Bullseye