Need a course in Self Defense?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Need a course in Self Defense?

Post by greener » Wed May 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Two reporters were beaten by a mob. Lesson 1 should be don't get out of the car. This might be a case for needing to go armed, but if you are dumb enough to think getting out of Dodge means getting our to the car instead of going somewhere else...

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/05/beating ... brambleton

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:48 am

Needed to have enough sense on when to just leave the area. A course on SD with 100 wild persons? I don't know of any. Best defense is to run/drive away from the area. My guess, since it did not make national news it will not be trialed like a hate crime.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu May 03, 2012 6:09 pm

I heard about this story. The national news has picked it up and so has FOX. There was a follow up article defending why they didn't cover the story of their own reporters getting beaten. Apparently their position is they don't report simple assaults as a matter of policy. Strangely enough I recall reading a story in this paper about a man who was riding his bicycle and was beaten by a group of youths in a park - simple assault. Oh, but that man happened to be white and the youths were all black, AND he was a former NFL player from the 60's and 70's. Hmmm, if you don't report simple assaults as a matter of policy then how do I know about this story? I say Balderdash! Just another attempt to cover up the truth. If the media didn't stoke up the emotions of folks then they might not be as likely to wreak havoc like that incident with the two reporters. Perhaps there's a little remorse mixed in there too by the editors.

R.
Bullseye