Practicle Demonstration at Gun Safety Course

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Practicle Demonstration at Gun Safety Course

Post by greener » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Man shoots himself and wife at gun safety course. One round. .45 ACP

Something about always loaded, where you point it, trigger.....

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2012 ... r-1864686/

The instructor left the area with students having loaded weapons? No matter that the students were in their 50's.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:35 am

Broke a cardinal rule - never allow live rounds and firearms both together in a training session not conducted out on the actual firing range.

Complacency is an ugly, big toothed monster that never rests. If you lose focus for one second and it will jump out and bite you. The instructor did just that when he exited the room with students and firearms present.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:42 am

Bullseye wrote:Broke a cardinal rule - never allow live rounds and firearms both together in a training session not conducted out on the actual firing range.

Complacency is an ugly, big toothed monster that never rests. If you lose focus for one second and it will jump out and bite you. The instructor did just that when he exited the room with students and firearms present.

R,
Bullseye
Bite you in the back side almost every time.
The only guns of mine that get loaded rounds in the other than at the range are my carry guns, and they are always loaded, but under my control. To check gun function I have loaded a few dummie rounds without primer or powder.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Complacency will bite you every time you give it an opportunity.

Every hand gun in my house is loaded, and some shotguns. I learned at an early age to treat any gun as loaded, whether it is or not. Actually makes handling guns very simple. The only time I unload a gun is for a range trip or cleaning.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911