It's not loaded

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

It's not loaded

Post by greener » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:30 pm

He said as he was handling the pistol after the range was called cold. I suggested it wasn't a good idea to be handling the gun, he responded and my "it's always loaded" response was a little sharper. The guy was truly embarrassed once he got the message. He just wasn't thinking about what he was doing.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 am

That's one reason why more than one set of eyes is critically important out on the range. It only takes one...

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:50 am

Until I see it myself I consider it loaded. A few weeks ago shooter??? handed my his derringer .45LC/.410, look at this, he says. Flipped the lock lever and opened the barrel and whippy stuff, out came a loaded .410, it;s only a .410 he says. You know there is one guy I never trusted and trust less now. Bear told me ha was not safe.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:34 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Until I see it myself I consider it loaded. A few weeks ago shooter??? handed my his derringer .45LC/.410, look at this, he says. Flipped the lock lever and opened the barrel and whippy stuff, out came a loaded .410, it;s only a .410 he says. You know there is one guy I never trusted and trust less now. Bear told me ha was not safe.
If it was only a .410 why was he carrying it for SD? I keep hearing folks dis light loads and small calibers, but I haven't any of them offer to stand 7 yards away and take a few to show they don't hurt.

The coworker I took shooting a couple weeks ago said he and his daughter were watching "Sons of Guns" and heard the "It's always loaded" line.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:49 am

greener wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Until I see it myself I consider it loaded. A few weeks ago shooter??? handed my his derringer .45LC/.410, look at this, he says. Flipped the lock lever and opened the barrel and whippy stuff, out came a loaded .410, it;s only a .410 he says. You know there is one guy I never trusted and trust less now. Bear told me ha was not safe.
If it was only a .410 why was he carrying it for SD? I keep hearing folks dis light loads and small calibers, but I haven't any of them offer to stand 7 yards away and take a few to show they don't hurt.

The coworker I took shooting a couple weeks ago said he and his daughter were watching "Sons of Guns" and heard the "It's always loaded" line.
No, he is just one of those guys that tries to impress other shooters as to how many and what guns he has. Usually a bunch of guns spread out on a table and shoots just a little.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:33 am

bearandoldman wrote:No, he is just one of those guys that tries to impress other shooters as to how many and what guns he has. Usually a bunch of guns spread out on a table and shoots just a little.
I do that, spread a bunch of guns on the table and shoot them just a little: 100 rounds per gun. :lol:

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 am

You can never be over causes when it comes to firearm safety. Like every one here any time a gun is handed to me I verify it's empty. When I hand a gun to someone I have the slide locked back, mag in pocket or empty cylinder open on a revolver. You just cant be to careful.

I know of one person at the local gun range that's brings a large selection to the range every time. It's mainly revolvers and he puts a few rounds through each. The problem is he's always jacking on the sights. He wears special shooting glasses so he can see the sights. The problem if any one else shoots the guns you have no idea where it will hit. I shot his 45 colt (nice trigger) and held a group that 5-6" to the left. He only shoots on Tuesdays because his wife has some function that frees him for the morning. So it's his personal time with a few of his best friends....
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911