Taurus Customer Service

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Taurus Customer Service

Post by greener » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:24 pm

I've read some pretty hard knocks on Taurus customer service. I've had two occasions to call them. The first was a slide lock problem with my TCP738 I couldn't fix by tweaking the mags. Took a bit over two weeks to make the round trip to Miami.

Called them tonight for a replacement hammer spring cap for my PT94. I lost the other on a spring loaded 2 wall bank shot. On the way, no charge. Not much wait on hold.

I suppose your opinion of a company's customer service is based on your experience. So far, my impression of Taurus has been positive.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:50 am

When did you pick up a pt 94?
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:29 am

bgreenea3 wrote:When did you pick up a pt 94?
April.

Been messing around with trying to reduce the awfully heavy DA trigger pull.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:52 am

Oh I thought you meant the beretta 92 looking pistol. My mistake.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

greener

Post by greener » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:42 pm

Got the hammer spring cap in from Taurus today. They didn't send it by USPS, they used Fedex. Free part, high-dollar shipping.

Didn't use it except as the key ingredient to finding the old one. I was going to retrieve the revolver, looked down at a spec on the floor, and sure enough, there was the old one. The new part drew it out of the next universe.

I'd ordered a model 85 hammer spring from Brownell's and put that on to replace the two-men-and-a-small-boy trigger pull hammer spring that was on there. Will find out if it fires reliably this weekend.

Impressed with Taurus CS.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:48 am

greener wrote:Got the hammer spring cap in from Taurus today. They didn't send it by USPS, they used Fedex. Free part, high-dollar shipping.

Didn't use it except as the key ingredient to finding the old one. I was going to retrieve the revolver, looked down at a spec on the floor, and sure enough, there was the old one. The new part drew it out of the next universe..
Seen that happen myself more than once.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.