Phase of the moon?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Phase of the moon?

Post by greener » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 am

Didn't know waning crescent was related to driving people crazy but yesterday was interesting.

While I was backing my truck into the driveway one of my neighbors stops at a stop sign, makes a right turn and is thoroughly PO'd that I take up half the street for <15 seconds. Horn and international peace symbol.

Took a load to the dump. There is 40' clear on either side of me in the unloading area and some guy starts backing his van in next to me. I start yelling "stop" when he starts getting within a couple inches of my truck. He gets very angry that I'd do such a thing.

At the dump exit, guy stops his new truck in the exit, gets out and leaves the doors open so that it blocks the exit. Gets really angry when people toot their horns.

Daughter sees someone breaking into her car about 11:30 PM in downtown Richmond. She goes up to the car alone while he is in it and asks him what he thinks he is doing. Guy runs off.

Crazy day. My truck is a 93 Ranger that spent 8 years in Michigan salt. It's been a target for doors for 18 years and survived a Scout Troop. I have towing on my insurance, so I don't have much to lose when the idiots want to play bumper cars.

I normally carry when I'm out and about. There was no temptation. If I had been carrying my 5lb hammer, there might have been some temptation.

I'm just simply amazed at the level of craziness in one day. Will try to explain to youngest that 23 does not translate to indestructible.

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:21 am

Is my sister that dumb? Tell her next time to sit a little down the road and call the police it would be much more fun to watch that than have him pull a weapon on her.
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 am

bgreenea3 wrote:Is my sister that dumb? Tell her next time to sit a little down the road and call the police it would be much more fun to watch that than have him pull a weapon on her.
Possibly, she is trying to follow in her big brothers footsteps? When you get older you get wiser, don't really know if it has helped me yet, or maybe I would do more stupider things yet.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:21 am

bearandoldman wrote:
bgreenea3 wrote:Is my sister that dumb? Tell her next time to sit a little down the road and call the police it would be much more fun to watch that than have him pull a weapon on her.
Possibly, she is trying to follow in her big brothers footsteps? When you get older you get wiser, don't really know if it has helped me yet, or maybe I would do more stupider things yet.
She was across the street in an eatery when he started. She had already called USAA for a tow truck (for a broken window?). Oh, by the way, Dad, it's been overheating.

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Georgezilla » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Crazy day indeed, Greener. It sounds like you kept your cool though, and that is what really matters in my opinion. Let the other people act like idiots.

I'm very glad that nothing bad happen to your daughter, I hope she listens and doesn't try something so bold again. I doubt anything in the vehicle was worth risking life or limb over. Just goes to show you that parenting must continue wayyy past 18.

greener

Post by greener » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Parenting may continue, but I'm not sue they listen any better.

The story now is that she yelled from across the street.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:02 am

I always thought people were supposedly the most looney during a Full Moon? I never believed that, until I drove my buses for 11 years. Now I believe it 110%; people are definitely goofiest when it's Full or close to it. We bus drivers have to put up with 3-4 days of Extra Stupid every month.

I don't believe Ms. Greene is dumb, not with such.a smart dad and brother. The "across the street" story sounds more likely.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:07 am

If she yelled from across the street, that ain't so bad..... whats with her and interrupting people breaking into autos? This is at least the second time in 2 years(the other was the neighbor's car).... sheesh
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne