Police urge holster use after man shoots his own privates...

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Georgezilla
Master contributor
Master contributor

Police urge holster use after man shoots his own privates...

Post by Georgezilla » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:47 pm

Presumably this gentleman wont make this mistake again.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... csp=34news

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Public service announcement:

If you need someone to TELL you the above information, just remove your genes from the pool now.

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

scar tissue

Post by Coach1 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:31 pm

It is always fun to make up stories to explain acquired scar tissue.

I wonder what story he will dream up to 'splain that one... :D
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Sad

Post by arizona-hermit » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Sad part is, a holster will not stop folks from shooting themselves... there are quite a few YouTube videos of folks (that actually 'should' know better) shooting themselves while drawing or re-holstering their weapons.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

greener

Post by greener » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Ouch.

Is this the Plaxico Burriss syndrome?

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:08 pm

I went to a fight call Saturday that one of the guys involved lost his pistol out of his waistband and slid across the dance floor.... :oops: how embarrassing for him! that is like a major faux pas accordign to Ms Manners.....
"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

a gun on the dance floor

Post by Coach1 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 am

Ha! Somehow, that brings to mind an scene (imagined) from Leslie Nielson's Naked Gun. I can just imagine him doing a bug-eyed double-take and trying to recover the gun w/o anyone noticing... and failing miserably. :D
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:06 am

Ouch! That could do some extensive "remodeling". Maybe he still has the girlfriend??
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:35 pm

One of the two incidents since concealed carry in places that serve alcoholic beverages became legal in Virginia was a guy who shot himself with the unholstered gun in his pocket. The gun rights activist group (Virginia Citizens Defense League) hasn't expressed a great deal of sympathy for him.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:59 am

Here in Texas we have a 51% rule. If the place makes 51% or more of its revenue by the sale of alcohol, it's illegal to carry a gun into the place, non law enforcement. It must be posted with a placard at the door. Now if the place has a restaurant too they can divide the place up. I have been in several places which this has been done. There is also a rule that says you can not carry if your drinking. It's quite clear that alcohol can impact your judgement. Texas has made it very clear if you violate these rule you will loose your CCL.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 am

blue68f100 wrote:Here in Texas we have a 51% rule. If the place makes 51% or more of its revenue by the sale of alcohol, it's illegal to carry a gun into the place, non law enforcement. It must be posted with a placard at the door. Now if the place has a restaurant too they can divide the place up. I have been in several places which this has been done. There is also a rule that says you can not carry if your drinking. It's quite clear that alcohol can impact your judgement. Texas has made it very clear if you violate these rule you will loose your CCL.
I believe most states that have a CPL/CCW permit have the same regulation, Michigan is the same. Can't see why you can not carry in a bar thought as the law also states you can not drink and carry a firearm.
Every one anti gun wants to make more laws, like you can not carry a gun at a gathering like where the Congresswoman got shot, we already have a law against shooting people, why make any more. The only people that obey the laws are the honest people the BG's will still carry whenever and wherever they please.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 am

Article in this morning's paper covers how Virginia allowing CCW in places that serve alcohol hasn't caused "the bloodbath that opponenets feared". In fact, crime in those establishments has dropped 5.2% since the law took effect.

Evidently, stupidity in those places is showing a slight increase, but stupidity seems to be increasing everywhere.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 am

ruger22 wrote:Article in this morning's paper covers how Virginia allowing CCW in places that serve alcohol hasn't caused "the bloodbath that opponenets feared". In fact, crime in those establishments has dropped 5.2% since the law took effect.

Evidently, stupidity in those places is showing a slight increase, but stupidity seems to be increasing everywhere.
You sure speak the truth there my friend, sometimes stupidity is almost of epidemic proportions.
Remember, common sense is not as common as it should be.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.