Hi everyone

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

dcxplant

Hi everyone

Post by dcxplant » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Just a quick hello to all!

I've owned a MK II for twenty odd years and now a MK III also, but I have learned more about this pistol than I ever knew thanks to this forum.

I am now enjoying my Ruger 22's like I never have before. I just finished detail stripping them, twice, and found the instructions so helpful.

I just competed in my first 22 steel match, and loved it. So now I have VQ's bolt kit and trigger kit coming; that's why I wanted to learn to detail strip.

I also want to dump the mag safety and replace the round indicator with the plug I saw.

A big THANK YOU to the contributors of information!!

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Welcome to GunTalk-Online!

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forum

Coach1
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

HI back

Post by Coach1 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 pm

Hello dcxplant. Welcome to the forum. Now that you are a registered member please keep us posted on your progress and exploits. We like to share here.

Your user name implies maybe you lived in Washington, DC for a while? Any stories to tell? (If so, we trust that you are not a lawyer.. or a politician!) :D
"You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need." The Rolling Stones

dcxplant

Re: HI back

Post by dcxplant » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:42 am

Coach1 wrote:Hello dcxplant. Welcome to the forum. Now that you are a registered member please keep us posted on your progress and exploits. We like to share here.

Your user name implies maybe you lived in Washington, DC for a while? Any stories to tell? (If so, we trust that you are not a lawyer.. or a politician!) :D
You are correct! (not a lawyer, not a politician) Not only have I lived there, I'm a native. In 1972 a few years after the riots my dad found a body in our alley behind the house we lived in, so we moved to Centreville VA. I ended up going to Chantilly HS after a stint of being bussed to Robinson-yikes was that rough! I wanted back in DC after that experience!!

I have a lot of stories, but this is a family website so....

I have lived on and off in DC and I really love it and miss it. I've got tin in my pocket so I don't have to worry about what else is in my pocket! I've lived in Glover Park, AU (American University) Park and Spring Valley. My career keeps me jumping around, hence the xplant moniker.

I am anxiously awaiting my VQ parts! I'm ordering a Clark bushing and pin also.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:54 am

Welcome to GTO ....

This forum has a very good mix of very kind knowledgeable persons. Please keep as advised as to your progress.

Enjoy
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 pm

:welcome

Lots of friendly folks here, they have helped me a lot. A little friendly teasing, too!

If you follow all the info, you'll have that Mark III and other guns shooting top-notch. You'll also find lots of temptation to buy more guns, but then you can blame us for your safe getting heavier......... :roll:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols