Rationalizing..........

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Rationalizing..........

Post by Gatmandu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi Folks,

Could you help me out here :?: It always happens this way. I get my eye set on another new gun, but for the life of me can't come up with a reason why I NEED it!

Is the normal :?:

Don :wink:
I know nothing.......

Medicine Hat
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Medicine Hat » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Need is relative. There is no need to rationalize if or why one needs a new (different) gun.
If it's legal, you can afford it, and you want it, that is the only reason you need for buying one. :mrgreen:

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:42 am

I totally agree with MH in this. I totally WANT a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44 magnum so bad I can taste it, but I don't really NEED one.

Would be a nice companion piece for my .44 lever rifle, but then almost any revolver/pistol COULD accompany it to the field...

I just have this WANT, DESIRE, etc etc etc...

But, being a total miser... err spendthrift, I simply refuse to pay the going rate on this wonderful sidearm. Oh well, there is always Christmas...
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:57 am

I don't call it rationalizing but rather finding new avenues for enhancing my marksmanship skills. New styles of firearms have led me into trying disciplines that didn't really interest me much when I was younger. I even have been dabbling in archery, when a really good deal came along for some equipment. Now I'm meeting a whole new crowd with similar interests as I'm learning how to compete in FITA events. I guess it is all comes down to how you look at firearms uses.

R,
Bullseye

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Here I am all rimfire. Who needs seven .22s? Who needs two Bearcats? Who needs two Bobcats? I wanted them, having them makes me happy. I understand why, even if no one else might.

All of my guns are older designs that I really like, and that newer designs I can't stand (plastic, etc.) may replace at any time. That is justification enough for me.......... :crazy eyes:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Gatmandu
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Gatmandu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Fellows,

Thanks for the great replies. As you may have guessed, I asked the question with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. :D And besides that today is my birthday. Sounds like a good enough reason to go buy another gun don'tcha' think? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don
I know nothing.......

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 pm

Hey, since it's your birthday, if you can afford it you're required to buy two. And everyone you know is required to buy you one, or at least a nice shooting accessory.......... :lol:
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

greener

Post by greener » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Gatmandu wrote:Hi Fellows,

Thanks for the great replies. As you may have guessed, I asked the question with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. :D And besides that today is my birthday. Sounds like a good enough reason to go buy another gun don'tcha' think? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don
I didn't know you had to need a gun to buy one. I've bought a couple/three because it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

Happy Birthday and enjoy a new purchase.

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:33 pm

Welcome Gatmandu! The time to start worrying is when you don't get excited about the search/acquisition 8)
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association