Anyone seen my senators?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Anyone seen my senators?

Post by lucam » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:36 pm

My Senators went to Illinois and all I got were these lousy squatters!

I am a Walker supporter. I went to the capitol yesterday to show my support for the Republicans that are still working. Because of the lefties squatting in the capitol, I was not allowed in. The argument I heard all day from the protesters also stuck outside was, "The people inside are expressing their First Amendment rights!" and "It's about democracy!" or "It's the people's house!"

What about my First Amendment rights? In reality, democracy has been shut down by these protesters. As I walked around the capitol I saw many signs about Walker being a dictator or tyrant. As a few union thugs stood inches in front of me to block my sign from wandering news photographers and reporters, I though to myself, "Is this democracy? It seems more like tyranny!" They've shut my ideas and opinions out of the capitol.

Just as the fleeing 14 have shut down the democratic process in the Wisconsin senate, the lefty squatters have shut down the Freedom of Speech inside of the capitol.

Nick

greener

Post by greener » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:52 pm

I hear Rockford is a great place to hide away from what's bothering you.

http://www.youtube.com/gorockfordregion ... wcVHyk3FBE

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 am

The founding fathers feared "Mob Rule" most when considering how best to set up our Democratic-Republic. I think we're witnessing the wisdom of their concerns today. I feel for those folks out there in Wisconsin. Back when the Health Care debate was running, the Dems told the minority to go sit down and take it because they won at the ballot box. Now when the shoe's on the other foot, all they're doing is whining and complaining how it is unfair that they're out voted in the legislature. I guess you can't have it both ways but you can sure try, especially if the media is taking sides.

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:56 am

With Public Service entitlements across our nation being ticking time bombs this will be remembered as a wake up call. Some will have to find out the hard way that there is a difference between trade organizations of private sector companies where we as consumers can choose not to buy a product that has priced itself out of the market and state and local government workers where the owners/management is the taxpayer. Good on you lucam
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

lucam
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by lucam » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:13 am

greener wrote:I hear Rockford is a great place to hide away from what's bothering you.

http://www.youtube.com/gorockfordregion ... wcVHyk3FBE
Saw that the other day greener! I got a kick out of that!

Speaking of mob rule, I'm glad I didn't get the treatment my senator, Glen Grothman got today!
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/117228243.html

I actually saw Grothman in his office as I was leaving the Capitol on Monday. I recognized his office by the Reagan 1984 campaign sign in his window. He was on the phone, but he saw me and I gave him a thumbs-up. He seemed happy to have the small support among the mob of delusion outside.

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Bullseye wrote:The founding fathers feared "Mob Rule" most when considering how best to set up our Democratic-Republic. I think we're witnessing the wisdom of their concerns today. I feel for those folks out there in Wisconsin. Back when the Health Care debate was running, the Dems told the minority to go sit down and take it because they won at the ballot box. Now when the shoe's on the other foot, all they're doing is whining and complaining how it is unfair that they're out voted in the legislature. I guess you can't have it both ways but you can sure try, especially if the media is taking sides.

R,
Bullseye
Yet another "Bullseye"