Ground Zero mosque gets okay

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Ground Zero mosque gets okay

Post by ruger22 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:39 pm

Unanimous vote in New York. Al Jazeera is first on Google of it, Al Jazeera is on youtube, all over the web. To me, it's gloating, and disgusting. I understand the supporters are calling the mosque Cordoba House. Cordoba is a city in Spain where Arab invaders burned a church and replaced it with a mosque in the 17th century. Coincidence?
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:57 am

I wonder how well a Parrish or Synagogue would go over in Mecca?

R,
Bullseye

KAZ
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by KAZ » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:25 am

Those cats spend a lot of time amused at the way our laws/freedoms bounce in their favor. They had better be glad that some of us aren't in charge of working the crank handle. Regards
Member Marine Corps League
Life Member National Rifle Association
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:14 am

I think some Trident subs doing target practice from the Indian Ocean could eliminate a lot of these nuisances........
Last edited by ruger22 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:26 pm

Does the Westboro Baptist Church speak for all Christians?

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:54 am

I haven't heard about the Westboro church setting up a new facility next to the graves they protest.

Nobody cares about a new mosque. The fact it's within sight of the Trade Centers that were attacked in the name of Islam is the problem.
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:38 pm

The point is that like the WBC doesn't speak for every person who claims to be a Christan, neither does a given mosque or a given group of scumbags intent on mass murder in the name of their favorite interpertation of a book of fairy tales don't speak for Islam as a whole.

But then, I generally just assume anyone with invisible friends is irrational, so maybe I'm being unreasonable.
Wouldn't the presence of a Mosque shield that part of NYC from attacks? We should build mosques everywhere, that will keep the trrrsts from attacking again, they might hurt their own structures!

All the flap over a private group building something on their own dime is a great indicator of how terrorized we have become as a nation. I'm actually ashamed of how easily our benevolent masters in Washington DC have changed the way we do business based on the actions of criminals and murderers, to tell the truth.

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm not terrorized, I'm still pissed. Can you actually tell me that there isn't another building in NY? Can you tell me that it wasn't chosen because of where it is?

You really should read a little about the grand benefactor of this little project, such as his comments back in 2001 about how we participated in 9/11 because of how we as a nation live.

I don't have invisible friends, nor am I irrational. But there is a certain sense of decency that says building a mosque looking over the site of an attack celebrated by millions is wrong, celebrated over there and over here.

Any red blooded American shouldn't like this. People are free to do and worship as they please, but I'm not going to Kabul and set up a Christian church within site of a battle where thousands of civilians were killed. It's wrong and dancing on their graves.
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.

mark II
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by mark II » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:41 pm

They have to be rolling on the ground laughing at us.