Bad Luck?

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

Bad Luck?

Post by greener » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:19 am

Found this on another forum. A guy open carries is robbed of his handgun. The story doesn't go into enough detail. Bad luck? Really bad part of town? Too bad Paul Harvey isn't around to for the "Rest of the Story."

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95999354.html

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Bad Luck?

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:32 am

greener wrote:Found this on another forum. A guy open carries is robbed of his handgun. The story doesn't go into enough detail. Bad luck? Really bad part of town? Too bad Paul Harvey isn't around to for the "Rest of the Story.
I prefer concealed and like the element of surprise on my side. Why give the Bad guy an even chance, I want the odds on my side. An yes, I normally carry at least one any time I leave the house. Cocked and locked and no empty chambers.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:30 am

I've seen this story (in fact, this exact article with no details) on just about every forum I frequent.

In Wisconsin, OC is the only legal carry, so let's not get into the OC/CC debate, it doesn't apply.

There simply aren't enough details to make any call on this story, for all I know after reading that article he was attacked by a trained assassin or a pack of ninjas, or was clueless to the point that my grandma could have robbed him easily.
A search on that station;s website yielded a whole lot of hits for "robbed" just this year, so I'd be packing there myself, likely in a legal fashion unless the WI po-po is still in the habit of harassing legal OC, in which case I'd be in a moral conundrum, wouldn't I?

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:43 am

My preference is concealed, but some places don't allow that. Oklahoma allows concealed but not open carry. My impression of open carry is that it does attract attention. Mostly good, but this guy seems to have made a target of himself.

bebloomster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by bebloomster » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:27 am

Definitely prefer concealed.... why advertise?
A day without sunshine is like..... night.