Something to think about

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Something to think about

Post by 99/100 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:38 pm

“that a dangerous ambition more often lurks behind the specious mask of zeal for the rights of the people than under the forbidden appearance of zeal for the firmness and efficiency of government. History will teach us that the former has been found a much more certain road to the introduction of despotism than the latter, and that of those men who have overturned the liberties of the republics, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the people; commencing demagogues and ending tyrants.”

Alexander Hamilton, from Federalist #1

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hmmm

Post by arizona-hermit » Fri May 14, 2010 12:49 pm

While I wholeheartedly agree with Hamilton's apparent intention behind this partial quote, I am unsure of what you are 'shooting' at 99.

Care to speak plainly?
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

99/100
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by 99/100 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:53 pm

We have a "great speaker" who it would appear is turning the screws of government tighter and tighter. The govt now "owns" car makers; the owner can fire the guy "running it" right?. The FCC when told NO is now turning to regulation to take over the internet, The EPA has declared a colorless odorless gas that makes up a large part of our atmosphere (carbon dioxide) a "regulated item" and after taking over health care they are now going for energy and it's all "for the good of the people and the planet"

perazzi

Post by perazzi » Sat May 15, 2010 9:55 pm

And, in response, more and more states are telling the Fed's to shove it where the sun don't shine....

:)

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:35 am

Three cheers for Arizona enforcing the immigration laws the feds won't.
And do I understand that AZ is about to drop needing a permit to CCW? I have dreamed of moving to N.M. , at least when I retire, but AZ is looking better...........
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

arizona-hermit
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

AZ CCW

Post by arizona-hermit » Sun May 23, 2010 3:03 am

Yes ruger22, AZ is about to drop the requirement for a CCW, though the system will remain in place for those of us that travel and wish to retain reciprocity.

I would not recommend AZ to retire in (and yes, I am retired here) since the taxes here are the 5th highest in the US at the moment. If I can find a good land package in NM, TX, or NV, I will be relocating.

The new AZ immigration law is a joke really. The ICE chief has already publicly stated he will not be enforcing it or accepting AZ's calls to deport detainees. Basic FED ruling is "You caught em, you clean em". So sad.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain. [1 COR 15:10a - NASB]

Mr. Nail
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Mr. Nail » Sun May 23, 2010 4:51 pm

OMG. Huh! Blah blah blah blah blah.

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by ruger22 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:24 am

Now B.O. is sending 1200 Guard to the border, McCain is calling for 6,000.

I get tired of all the whining about anything against the illegals. That's the key word, illegal. There is a legal way to be here. Most of the whiners, including Mexican officials, seem to ignore that an illegal immigrant in Mexico can get prison time. In many other countries, all illegals get is a bullet, as their foot crosses the line.
* 2 Ruger Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* Ruger SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* 2 NAA Guardian .32ACP
* 3 Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)
* 2 Ruger SR22 .22LR pistols

Mr. Nail
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Mr. Nail » Fri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Thats a bit much but I do think the U.S. needs to be more strict and prosecute them in the U.S. and make them do there sentence in the U.S. and make it an amount of time where they dont want to give it another try. Mandatory 10yrs. without your family will get you back legal real fast. GOOD TOPIC

azkmd

Post by azkmd » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 pm

maybe we should give them some travel gifts and money for the trip home. All this would encourage them to visit again.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Yleefox » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:27 pm

one more thing:

Can you imagine how well this should work out for the US. Here is a possible scenero:

Jose returns to Mexico at the insistence of Border Patrol. He tell his buddy Juan, "hey Juan, you should sneak into the US. Don't worry if you get caught. They will treat you real nice and make amigos with you too. You have nothing to lose." Juan begins packing.