Mark II.org is no longer

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Dan in MI

Post by Dan in MI » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:55 pm

Ok I've been patient long enough! :P What's the new name and location? :?:

Oh yeah, Bullseye, Nice place, another notch in the "favorites" file. :mrgreen:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:45 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-Online Dan!

I can't say the location yet. Rook will come on and announce it when he's got everything up and running.

Thanks for the complementary comment on the website. It is coming along nicely because of all those who contribute to the forum.

R,
Bullseye

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:31 pm

Having slight problems... I've notified the techs and awaiting a response.

Also, there is a good chance the old database will be saved, but once again, I'm having to wait for the above situation to be resolved.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:39 am

RooK wrote:Having slight problems... I've notified the techs and awaiting a response.

Also, there is a good chance the old database will be saved, but once again, I'm having to wait for the above situation to be resolved.
Johnathan, glad to see you are close to getting thngs up and running agsin.
Really miss the old forum and would be glad to help out as a moderator agsin as I have in the past. Bullseye is doig a great job with this forum but we really need both of them. Have not been i touch with Radar for about a mont but he was doing all right the last time we were in contact.
Len better known as bearandoldman of the MarkII moderating team.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:35 pm

Still waiting on Globat to fix things. I'm just letting you know I'm still on top of it and just having to wait like the rest of you. Seems like when it rains, it pours.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:02 pm

RooK wrote:Still waiting on Globat to fix things. I'm just letting you know I'm still on top of it and just having to wait like the rest of you. Seems like when it rains, it pours.
Somtimes if it were not for bad luck I would have no luck at all, So he said "smile things could be worse" I did and he was right they did get orse. Other than that, how are you? just about ready for fall term? Len

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:45 pm

Thanks for the update. :D

R,
Bullseye

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Sat Aug 26, 2006 3:06 am

Still waiting on Globat. Got a response from them, but said they were refering the problem to someone else... then it's dead. Probably going to have to remind them. Last time, talking over the phone was a waste of time, getting a similar run around to the same three people and I never got an answer.

Len, started fall term last Monday. I'm also debating on getting my hands on another 10mm handgun or playing with an RIA 1911 I got around Christmas. I have about $300 stowed away and that will get a $300~ bump in funds come next weekend. I could get into the whys and purpose, but I think that would be better suited to another thread.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:58 am

RooK wrote:Still waiting on Globat. Got a response from them, but said they were refering the problem to someone else... then it's dead. Probably going to have to remind them. Last time, talking over the phone was a waste of time, getting a similar run around to the same three people and I never got an answer.

Len, started fall term last Monday. I'm also debating on getting my hands on another 10mm handgun or playing with an RIA 1911 I got around Christmas. I have about $300 stowed away and that will get a $300~ bump in funds come next weekend. I could get into the whys and purpose, but I think that would be better suited to another thread.
Know why the three people nver gave you an answer, THEY DID NOT HAVE ONE. So, lets just shuck and jive this guy, shuffle him around some and put him on ignore and maybe he will go away. Don't give up, if you really become a thorn in their side they may straighten things ouyt to just get rid of you.
Senior year right? or are you going to do it in 5 years as a lot of people did, both of my daughters that graduated from Michigan State, with honors took took the 5 year route. My oldest son did make it through Michigan Technological Institute in 4 with great honors.
Stick with the 1911, as like the Rugers there is a lot of stuff available for them and the 10mm ammo is expensive and not readily available. Besides 1911's are the coolest gun.

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:16 am

Well, last time I finally got some help with a live 'online chat' with a support person. I think I'm going to have to do that again.

I'm a Senior by hours, but this is my 5th year. Call it what happens when you switch majors mid-stream. I might even be tempted to go one extra semester to get in a few military-oriented classes. My major is an English BA with Technical Writing emphasis. Basically, I'm writing documents for companies. The government has a lot oppertunities, but they want you to take some courses in military-related material.

Well, the plans I have for the 1911 won't make ammo for it cheap either. I handload anyway. I'll just go ahead and post another thread with my ideas and concerns.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:26 am

RooK wrote:Well, last time I finally got some help with a live 'online chat' with a support person. I think I'm going to have to do that again.

I'm a Senior by hours, but this is my 5th year. Call it what happens when you switch majors mid-stream. I might even be tempted to go one extra semester to get in a few military-oriented classes. My major is an English BA with Technical Writing emphasis. Basically, I'm writing documents for companies. The government has a lot oppertunities, but they want you to take some courses in military-related material.

Well, the plans I have for the 1911 won't make ammo for it cheap either. I handload anyway. I'll just go ahead and post another thread with my ideas and concerns.
Like I said, my 2 younger daughters and my oldest son made it in 4or 5 years and these days 5 years seems to be the norm. My oldest daughter moved a few time and changed majors a few times also when she was trying to finish her degree at evening classes. Lot of credits of credits do not transfer from different state and also from the UK but after many years she did get the job done. It's not how you get it done but the end result that counts. Me, I just like the .45 as I grew up during WWII and it just sicks in my memory and besides it makes big bangs. I shoot some factorey but hanload most of my range ammo and .45 empty cases are readily found laying around at the range after you throw out the 9mm's and the .40's which seem to be the guns of choice these days.

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:38 pm

Keystone

Post by Keystone » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:27 pm

Len wrote:
Me, I just like the .45 as I grew up during WWII and it just sicks in my memory and besides it makes big bangs. I shoot some factorey but hanload most of my range ammo and .45 empty cases are readily found laying around at the range after you throw out the 9mm's and the .40's which seem to be the guns of choice these days.
I'm sure the first 1911 you shot was a .45 and that's probably the reason you like a .45 so well. When I first got into pistols my first one was a .40 cal. H&K. I shot several thousand rounds through the .40 before buying my next pistol which was a 9mm and then a .45 all being H&K's, but my favorite has always been a .40 cal. probably because it was the one that I shot the most.

Since then I have gotten into 1911's and I'll have to agree with you, they are the greatest. Someone told one time that if you bought anything other than a 1911 you've gone down hill. I don't know if I totally agree with him because it depends on what you're wanting it for, but I'll have to say that I'm partial to them and I still have pistols other than my 1911's. They are not only fun to shoot but are fun to work on because there are so many things you can do with them and because of all the different parts that are available. Even though the .40 cal. is still my favorite I have two .45's, a .40 and a 9mm all in 1911's and just ordered another 1911 in 9mm this past week and hopefully my winter project is going to be building a 1911 in .40 cal.

Dave

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:57 pm

Keystone wrote:Len wrote:
Me, I just like the .45 as I grew up during WWII and it just sicks in my memory and besides it makes big bangs. I shoot some factorey but hanload most of my range ammo and .45 empty cases are readily found laying around at the range after you throw out the 9mm's and the .40's which seem to be the guns of choice these days.
I'm sure the first 1911 you shot was a .45 and that's probably the reason you like a .45 so well. When I first got into pistols my first one was a .40 cal. H&K. I shot several thousand rounds through the .40 before buying my next pistol which was a 9mm and then a .45 all being H&K's, but my favorite has always been a .40 cal. probably because it was the one that I shot the most.

Since then I have gotten into 1911's and I'll have to agree with you, they are the greatest.

Dave
Bought my first pistol right after I became old enough to by one in January 1954, I was 21 in December of 1953. At that time 1911's came in your choice of calibers A .45ACP, B .45ACP and C .45ACP or any of the preceding. Hey, why do you think we go as bearandoldman?

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:17 pm

The first time I ever handloaded was under the supervision of my uncle for his S&W 1006 in 10mm. My first handgun that I bought myself was the Witness in 10mm. I've got a soft spot for cartridge and always will.

That same uncle and I took a trip to pick up a Colt Defender (1911 Officer that was tricked out) and when I shot it I knew I had to have a 1911 one day. I can't think of many other guns that left a significant impact on me. Perhaps an M1 Carbine my grandfather owned, as well as his captured Arisaka rifle he got in the Philipines. I own the latter.