Hats off to Starbucks!!

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Hats off to Starbucks!!

Post by smokey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:32 pm

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: Hats off to Starbucks!!

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Good for Starbucks as far as guns, their coffee is overpriced and not that good. Might be all right for the young and well to do, but us old poor guys would rather do MickeyD's or 7-11, and I prefer concealed Carry, why should the bad guy know what I have, I would rather it be a SURPRISE to him. Old men carry big guns!!!!
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm

I'm with you bearandoldman. I want the element of surprise on my side. I do welcome open carry to states and bussiness that support our right to carry. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do use some of the fast food chains.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm

blue68f100 wrote:I'm with you bearandoldman. I want the element of surprise on my side. I do welcome open carry to states and bussiness that support our right to carry. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do use some of the fast food chains.
oldman, why do you carry a gun? Well, I am too old to,
A-run
B-fight
C-take a butt, kicking
D all of the above.
Why do you carry a .45? because it ain't no toy gun and the cartridge is damn near a 100 years old and it still works good, and so do I, well, fairly good for my part.
Last edited by bearandoldman on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:33 pm

It's always good when a business upholds the rights of freedom for the citizens of this country. They have nothing to fear from the OC gunners. The spin off is a safer environment as the BG's will think twice about the possibility of engaging armed customers and watching the business staff.

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ripsaw
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Ripsaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 pm

The best thing they did was stay out of it. They issued a statement saying that they were staying out of controversial, divisive political issues.

Politics and business don't mix well. On any given issue you will cheese off a good percentage of people. A small minority don't care.

Ripsaw
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt

SKnight
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by SKnight » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:54 pm

While I like having the element of surprise I also like being able to carry without having to hide my weapon or worry about getting booted out if the butt peeks out or prints on me.

Bravo Starbucks! I gotta admit I'm surprised and impressed!
If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics need work.