New Eye Disease-BRS

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

New Eye Disease-BRS

Post by greener » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Went to an optometrist today because I've been having increasing problems seeing front sights, up close reading, TV screens and the like. After a few minutes the doc said I had developed an eye disease: BRS. He said he could treat it for a while, but I'd have to keep coming back because there wasn't a good cure for Birthday Repetition Syndrome.

Turns out he knew something about shooting and the types of glasses that would help.

Bud33
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Bud33 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 pm

I think that is also sometimes called OFD (Old Farts Disease)
Bud

Beware the man who only has one gun.
HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!

greener

Post by greener » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:12 am

They share a number of common symptoms.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:25 am

Those prematurely afflicted this chronic disease are typically easy to spot due to their spectacles with the lenses that look like they're constructed out of "bullet proof" glass. It usually progresses over time into another couple of syndromes: "CRS" (Can't remember stuff) and "CHS" (Can't hear stuff).

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 am

Bullseye wrote:Those prematurely afflicted this chronic disease are typically easy to spot due to their spectacles with the lenses that look like they're constructed out of "bullet proof" glass. It usually progresses over time into another couple of syndromes: "CRS" (Can't remember stuff) and "CHS" (Can't hear stuff).

R,
Bullseye
Being an elderly gentleman, I can explain a lot of that. It is not that we can not remember or hear or see things, but we have acquired the intelligence to totally ignore the stuff that is not worth remembering, hearing or seeing.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

smokey
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by smokey » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:38 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Bullseye wrote:Those prematurely afflicted this chronic disease are typically easy to spot due to their spectacles with the lenses that look like they're constructed out of "bullet proof" glass. It usually progresses over time into another couple of syndromes: "CRS" (Can't remember stuff) and "CHS" (Can't hear stuff).

R,
Bullseye
Being an elderly gentleman, I can explain a lot of that. It is not that we can not remember or hear or see things, but we have acquired the intelligence to totally ignore the stuff that is not worth remembering, hearing or seeing.
I thought that "CHS" was more prevalent in women? It is sometimes refered to as "SH" (selective hearing).

bigfatdave
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bigfatdave » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:21 pm

I have a sudden urge to get off of someone's lawn.
Odd, because I'm in my own home, but the urge is mightily compelling.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Too bad they can't treat it. I had cornina surgery last year on both eyes. I wonder if the ocular implants would be of any use.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:47 pm

Actually "stuff" was a substitute word.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:22 pm

Bullseye wrote:Actually "stuff" was a substitute word.

R,
Bullseye
Yes, does the other word have just 4 letters????? :D

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Why yes it does - do you want to buy a vowel?

R,
Bullseye

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:37 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Being an elderly gentleman, I can explain a lot of that. It is not that we can not remember or hear or see things, but we have acquired the intelligence to totally ignore the stuff that is not worth remembering, hearing or seeing.
That, Sir, is Pure-D genius. It rivals Mr. Einstein in it's originality, insight and elegance.

Consider it stolen... :lol:
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:41 pm

Downeaster wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Being an elderly gentleman, I can explain a lot of that. It is not that we can not remember or hear or see things, but we have acquired the intelligence to totally ignore the stuff that is not worth remembering, hearing or seeing.
That, Sir, is Pure-D genius. It rivals Mr. Einstein in it's originality, insight and elegance.

Consider it stolen... :lol:
Thank you, what the Hell were we ttalking about anyway?????? :lol:

Downeaster
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Post by Downeaster » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:54 pm

If I might be so bold, I would like to offer Downeaster's Corollary to BAOM's Axiom: The storage capacity of the Human Brain is finite. At some point it is full, and old, unused facts must be discarded to make room for new facts. Therefore, when I forget SWMBO's birthday, it is not callous disregard on my part, it is simple physics: The birth date of our latest great-granddaughter has supplanted it.

Naw, she didn't buy it either... :oops:
An empty weapon is just a very expensive hammer.

greener

Post by greener » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Downeaster wrote:If I might be so bold, I would like to offer Downeaster's Corollary to BAOM's Axiom: The storage capacity of the Human Brain is finite. At some point it is full, and old, unused facts must be discarded to make room for new facts. Therefore, when I forget SWMBO's birthday, it is not callous disregard on my part, it is simple physics: The birth date of our latest great-granddaughter has supplanted it.

Naw, she didn't buy it either... :oops:
Doesn't work for me, either. I do get away with "artillery ears" every now and then.
Being an elderly gentleman, I can explain a lot of that. It is not that we can not remember or hear or see things, but we have acquired the intelligence to totally ignore the stuff that is not worth remembering, hearing or seeing
Think I'm going to borrow that.