For Your Safety-Handcuffs

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:50 am

Just another example of "Common Sense isn't common to all folks." It just amazes me sometimes how people who are intelligent enough to figure things out, simply don't put out a ounce of effort toward thinking for themselves.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:04 am

Bullseye wrote:Just another example of "Common Sense isn't common to all folks." It just amazes me sometimes how people who are intelligent enough to figure things out, simply don't put out a ounce of effort toward thinking for themselves.

R,
Bullseye
Common sense is not as common as it should be, if it was half the problems in this world would no longer exist.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:02 am

Very true, my friend. But without challenges, there wouldn't be heroes to rise up and take them on head first.

R,
Bullseye

ddd482

Post by ddd482 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Bullseye wrote:I was stopped once, a long time ago for a inattentive act while driving. The officer walked up asked if I was carrying at the time, but I wasn't. After a few moments of polite conversation between us he sent me on my way with a verbal warning. I believer some of our conversation that night was directed in a manner as to check and see if I had been drinking that evening, but I had not.

I believe person's attitude plays a big part in the outcome when dealing with officers and traffic stops. Folks can make things much worse when they act belligerently toward an officer who's just trying to do his job well. Sure there's some officers who come on too strong but if you're polite to them they usually tone down as the conversation progresses. I don't blame them - consider who they mainly deal with, and the possible outcome, if they're not on proper guard with whomever they encounter.

R,
Bullseye
very true- attitude makes a difference!

bgreenea3
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by bgreenea3 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Honesty and cooperation will get you everywhere with most cops. I don't know of many that will issue a ticket to someone who owns up to a minor infraction, or if the driver has been drinking-but not is not intox- does the tests and is sent on their way its usually without a ticket, why give a ticket to someone who is cooperaing volentarily to your investigation?

As for CCW holders, those folks who jumped through the hoops to carry a gun are not the folks that worry me.