Wer'e going to Hell

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Wer'e going to Hell

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:10 pm

Another old saying about someone going to Hwell in a handbasket, no way, we will definitely drve our 1995 Mitsubishi Montera as it is probably a lot more comfortable. In the nex couple of weeks or so, some nic eday we will hit the road and have lunch at the Dam Site Inn, in downtown Hell, and bring a treat back for Bear too. :twisted:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: We're going to Hell

Post by toyfj40 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:10 pm

bearandoldman wrote:In the next couple of weeks ... have lunch at the Dam Site Inn, in downtown Hell
about what time of the year
does Hell Freeze Over ??

I've got a couple "dates" lined up for then... :lol:

bearandoldman

Re: We're going to Hell

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:24 pm

toyfj40 wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:In the next couple of weeks ... have lunch at the Dam Site Inn, in downtown Hell
about what time of the year
does Hell Freeze Over ??

I've got a couple "dates" lined up for then... :lol:
That would be about Mid Janury my Texas friend and I hope you and the ladies??? wil have a good time.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: Wer'e going to Hell

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:44 pm

bearandoldman wrote:Another old saying about someone going to Hwell in a handbasket, no way, we will definitely drve our 1995 Mitsubishi Montera as it is probably a lot more comfortable. In the nex couple of weeks or so, some nic eday we will hit the road and have lunch at the Dam Site Inn, in downtown Hell, and bring a treat back for Bear too. :twisted:

There are so many pun opportunities on this one I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just let it lie and say, "I hope you enjoy your time in Hell!"

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Re: Wer'e going to Hell

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:30 pm

Bullseye wrote:
bearandoldman wrote:Another old saying about someone going to Hwell in a handbasket, no way, we will definitely drve our 1995 Mitsubishi Montera as it is probably a lot more comfortable. In the nex couple of weeks or so, some nic eday we will hit the road and have lunch at the Dam Site Inn, in downtown Hell, and bring a treat back for Bear too. :twisted:

There are so many pun opportunities on this one I don't even know where to begin. I guess I'll just let it lie and say, "I hope you enjoy your time in Hell!"

R,
Bullseye
We will post a range report on the trip as soon as we get back from Hell. woder if there are any penguins there, jmmmmmmmmmm.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:01 pm

Interesting thought; I wonder who'd be the Pastor of the church in Hell? :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:12 pm

Bullseye wrote:Interesting thought; I wonder who'd be the Pastor of the church in Hell? :D

R,
Bullseye
Will take a look around town and see if there is a church there or not.

bearandoldman

We may go to Paradise too

Post by bearandoldman » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 am

Oldest son that lives in Oregon just bought a summer home on a lake near Iron River Michigan, in the as we call the UP. We may take a detour and go to Paradise when we are in the area as it is not too far out of the way. Lon ways from home to Paradise (290 mile) much shorter trip to just go to Hell. If I go to Paradise I will not eat any apples with a good looking woman wearing fig leaves, don't want to strart trouble all over again.

bearandoldman

we are on our way to Hell

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:56 pm

App 1:00PM ESDT and we are just about to walk out the door and take a trip to Hell, have some lunch and come back home, will poist a trip report later this evening.
Not going to Hell in a handbasket just my Montero :D

bearandoldman

To Hell and back

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:12 pm

Well, here it is 10 of 8:00PM ESDT and we have been to Hell and back. The weather was not bad, ran in to a liitle rain and took the senic backroad route to Hell and back. Hell is not really that exciting, not reallty much there, a canoe and kayak rental on Hell Creek and the do supply a paddle, the Dam Site Inn ( an, in my opinion second rate bar with the typical greasy grill and deep fry food, slightly dark, noisy and smoky and may appeal to a younger persons taste but not really for this old guy and lady) the Hell General store, ice cream and the typical tourist trap stuff, and that is about the extent of the main part of town. We did have lunch tger but it was nothing out of the ordinary, have been in lots of palce that looked like that with differnt names. Some kind of a riding stable on the outskirts.
Bullseye, there is no church in the area so can not get the Pastors name, sorry.
Been there and done that now, so I have that yearning out iof my sytem now, did buy a T shirt as I needed a few new ones anyway, my normal attire is jeans or shorts and some kind of a printed T shirt long enough to cover my normal carry gun and keep it concealed.
Ma and Bear in dowtown Hell with and ice cream cone

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: To Hell and back

Post by toyfj40 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:27 pm

bearandoldman wrote:we have been to Hell and back.
Bullseye, there is no church in the area so can not get the Pastors name.
thanks for the Trip-Report. sorry that your stay-in-Hell was not more exciting.
I was expecting something more like LasVegas in the Good-ole-days.
No church, huh? I wudda-thunk there would at least be a Methodist Church.
I know a LOT of Methodist pastors that would like to have their resume
read that they had been the "Pastor in Hell".

Here's a new avatar for you, in case you have any dreams tonight
that perhaps you now have some spare cash, from something you SOLD today.

Just in case, you might want to have some "Holy Water" next to your bed.
The recipe to make some is just to take ordinary tap-water
and put it on the stove... and Boil the HELL out of it !!!

bearandoldman

road trip to Hell

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:49 am

Arlin, thanks for the beastie, he is a cute one.
No did not sell anything, may not be a market for old ornery souls like mine. I think the devil is after younger more gullible ones that can be purchased relatively cheapl Don't think he wants to deal with old men carryng big guns. Of course the Devil wnt down to Georgia looking for a soul to steal, so haw may not have been back yet.
Same recipe for holy water I have always used, learned taht as a youngster.
All in all the trip was a pleasant afternoon, although the food could have been better, but what do you expect in Hell? Only around 150 miles for the round trip and an excuse to get oput of the house and do somthing most people do not get achance to do.
Would that be one of those blue nose Methodists I have heard about, thought Texas was in the bible thumping Baptist belt.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:23 am

Interesting story on your trip to Hell. It may be me, but your Mrs. doesn't appear all that pleased in the picture. I heard that Hell, Michigan is a very small place; but was it worth the drive? Hell sounds like a neat novelty if you're traveling by, but to go out of the way, it's probably not worth it. Can you say, "The worlds largest ball of twine?"

I've been to a few places around the world that I'm sure if the planet needed a colonoscopy, they would insert the probe in those locations. :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

trip to Hell and back

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:53 am

Like I say the lunch was torleable and nothing to write home about, not the type place taha we normally frequent. Not used to going in second rate bars, as Ma doesn't drink at all and I may have a beer or 2 with a good meal nad this was not a ggood meal. Also as I normally carry a pistol and inm Michigan the CCW alcohol limit is .020, if I am carrying I do not drink at all.
Ma is not a real smiley type of person but she is a wonderful little old lady and we will be married 49 years this coming November.She was having one of her little down days as over the past years she has had problems with depressionas a lot of people do, but she was raised to be ashamed of it and not treat it as a disease. Her meds are really helping her since April and other than haveing a mediocre day now and then she is doing great.
Bullseye that town or wide spot in the road may be a candidate for a colonostopy for sure. Typical tourist trap, but had to make the trip to say that I had been there. We are gheading to the UP in late Jule and may make a side trip to Paraqdise when we do that one. Been probably 40+ years since we have visited Paradise, oldest son was probabpy 7 the last time we were ther and he will be 48 in August.
Ma and Bear and I on a better day in the far west end of the UP

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:50 am

I haven't been to Paradise, Michigan but I have been to Paradise, California. They're probably not all that different, other than Paradise, California doesn't get all that Midwest snow. I've been to Los Banos, which translates to, "The toilet" And it believe me it lived up to it's name.

It is good to get out now and then, even if it is to travel to some dump. I can fully understand going on a road trip just to say, "Hey, I went there!" You and your bride have put in some serious years together and deserve to go out and enjoy yourselves. I'm pretty close to your son's age, so I fully understand why you two should get out and enjoy life. Everybody has there ups and downs, I like your bride's attitude about dealing with problems.

R,
Bullseye