Zarqawi's Virgins ...

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Zarqawi's Virgins ...

Post by toyfj40 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:02 am

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:39 am

Another cartoon I thought appropriate.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

73 virgins

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:09 pm

Man, that males me think of my grade school day a long time ago. Looks like some of the nuns at the school I went to.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:27 pm

Mine didn't carry guns just rulers that seemed that big. I still cannot figure out how they could move so silently through the room with all those beads and clothes on.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:59 am

Bullseye wrote:Mine didn't carry guns just rulers that seemed that big. I still cannot figure out how they could move so silently through the room with all those beads and clothes on.

R,
Bullseye
You must have gone to a parochial chool with Felician Sisters also. A ruler or the blackboard pointer was the weapon of choice. Some of them had a good arm also they could x ring you with a blacboard eraser any place the room. Bet they could sneak up on a wild turkey.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:53 am

I didn't attend a parochial school but I spent many hours there under catecism instruction. Needless to say, I was one of the nuns favorite batting practice targets. Many of those penguins could've gone on up to the major leagues with the amount of swings they got in on me. Both my parents went to parochial schools and they thought it would be good to subject me to that level of training: they were right, but I got smacked with some lefts too! :D All in all, I turned out pretty good, so they must have known something I didn't. After all, when you're a kid you know everything; Right?

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

penguins

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:38 am

Bullseye wrote:I didn't attend a parochial school but I spent many hours there under catecism instruction. Needless to say, I was one of the nuns favorite batting practice targets. Many of those penguins could've gone on up to the major leagues with the amount of swings they got in on me. Both my parents went to parochial schools and they thought it would be good to subject me to that level of training: they were right, but I got smacked with some lefts too! :D All in all, I turned out pretty good, so they must have known something I didn't. After all, when you're a kid you know everything; Right?

R,
Bullseye
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I thought I was he only one that had benn harassed by the Penguins'
Went to grade school in the late 30's and early 40's and had them from 1st to 9th grade but manged to live through it. One it did do was teach you to pay attention. The Felician nuns at that time were mosly in polish parishes and when they were taking to each other
I class they usually spoke Polish so most of us kids could not understand them. Still to this day whe in thr presence of the dreaded penguins I keep both eyes open and pay attention.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Re: penguins

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:02 am

bearandoldman wrote: OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I thought I was he only one that had benn harassed by the Penguins'
Went to grade school in the late 30's and early 40's and had them from 1st to 9th grade but manged to live through it. One it did do was teach you to pay attention. The Felician nuns at that time were mosly in polish parishes and when they were taking to each other. In class they usually spoke Polish so most of us kids could not understand them. Still to this day when in the presence of the dreaded penguins, I keep both eyes open and pay attention.
My ancestry is Polish (I'm 2nd Gen. American), and my parents would speak it when they wanted to talk around us children without our eavesdropping in on the conversation. To this day I don't speak the language, but I wished they'd have taught it to me. Funny, back then all most immigrant families wanted was for their children to learn english and assimilate seamlessly into american culture. Ironic how the times have changed, and now days immigrants want all americans to adopt to their culture.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Re: penguins

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:33 am

My ancestry is Polish (I'm 2nd Gen. American), and my parents would speak it when they wanted to talk around us children without our eavesdropping in on the conversation. To this day I don't speak the language, but I wished they'd have taught it to me. Funny, back then all most immigrant families wanted was for their children to learn english and assimilate seamlessly into american culture. Ironic how the times have changed, and now days immigrants want all americans to adopt to their culture.

R,
Bullseye[/quote]
No wonder we think along the same lines just a couple of Polacks, they are the best you know. My great grandparensts came from Poland I believe. My mother and dad were both full blooded Polish also. Can remember my great grandmother and great grandmother on my mothers side of the family, would have been her mothers, mother etc. living on a farm near Kinde Michigan, lots pof Poles settled in that are and they spoke no Englich whatsoever. Figure the way them Penguins acted that you also had contact wwith the Felician order. We both lived to tell about it and we are probably a little better from that experience, just set a Penguin alarm for you own protection.
My latest wild idea, what old men won't fo to keep from getting bored?

http://www.geocities.com/oldman1727/P8with24X.jpg

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:45 am

Many Polish immigrants settled in and around the Great Lakes areas. They came in through Ellis Island and then gradually spread Westward throughout the lakes regions following the manufacturing industry for jobs.

Geeze, no need for a spotting scope with the optics you have mounted on the Great Eight. That scope's probably heavier than the pistol! :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:15 pm

Bullseye wrote:Many Polish immigrants settled in and around the Great Lakes areas. They came in through Ellis Island and then gradually spread Westward throughout the lakes regions following the manufacturing industry for jobs.

Geeze, no need for a spotting scope with the optics you have mounted on the Great Eight. That scope's probably heavier than the pistol! :D

R,
Bullseye
The "Thumb" area is full of my shirtail relative from both sides of the family. My mother was born and raised in Kinde and came to Saginaw after her dad's meat market burn and started a new market in Saginaw when she was about 10, like 1916. Dad was born and raised in Detroit and met my mother in the thumb and moved up here and worked for her dad shortly after they got married about 1927.

Now the GREAT EIGHT, had a Tasco 2.5-6x42 on it and I treid it on the P512, have 2 of them and one is super consistent more so than the P8. So I left the scope on it andas Midway had a sale bought a Tasco 6-24x42 and another set of rings and put it on the P8. Usually shoot them on a 25 yard indoor range from a rest and do not have to mess with a spotting scope, the fubn part of that game is you can see the bullet holes appear on tthe target as you shoot. her is the P512.
http://www.geocities.com/oldman1727/P512scoped.jpg
Had ths scope off the P8 one day and had to see how it looked on the P512, had to try it at the range the next day and it shot well, no adjustment and the windage was dead on and the group was 1-1/4 high after the swap, go to say taht Ruger puts the moount hole dead on the bore center. Had so much fun I jusleft the scope ther and bought abigger one for the bigger gun. Looks like some kind of 007 assassin gun.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:35 pm

Both those guns look like they'd be fun to shoot from a rest. Without a rest is probably difficult with magnification and image wiggle. Those scopes add a whole new dimension to precision shooting.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

shooting the 007 guns

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:08 pm

Bullseye wrote:Both those guns look like they'd be fun to shoot from a rest. Without a rest is probably difficult with magnification and image wiggle. Those scopes add a whole new dimension to precision shooting.

R,
Bullseye
Not difficult to shoot offhand, more like IMPOSSIBLE. With the short eye relief of a rifle scope, like 3 inches it is hard to keep the image centered even from a rest. When you shoot arifle your head on the stock helps to keep your eye in teh right pkace, without a stock it is a little difficult to keep you head in the right position. Working on a new resr setup should have it done in a week or so.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey Len, here's an idea for your pistol rest; should keep the old crosshairs steady! :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

thanks

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:54 pm

Bullseye wrote:Hey Len, here's an idea for your pistol rest; should keep the old crosshairs steady! :D

R,
Bullseye
Just nee to make some leather padded jaw inserts and ge on with it, looks like it would really help this old man. Just got to keep one eye out for a penguin attack.