Zarqawi's Virgins ...

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:26 pm

Just got to keep one eye out for a penguin attack.
Len, they are sneaky little buggers. Just look at this hidden camera video clip.

That's exactly how I remember them! :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:48 pm

Bullseye wrote:
Just got to keep one eye out for a penguin attack.
Len, they are sneaky little buggers. Just look at this hidden camera video clip.

That's exactly how I remember them! :D

R,
Bullseye
the ones i was used to wore more black and wooden rosary beads for a belt. That clip is hilarious got to save that one. They usually preferred a blacboard pointer or yardstick to a bare hand.
we are both going to go to Hell for this, luckily it is not much over an hour south of here. http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr= ... name=&qty= MI is the only state in the union where people really live in Hell.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:58 pm

Heard about that little town in Michigan on 6/6/06 day.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:57 am

Bullseye wrote:Heard about that little town in Michigan on 6/6/06 day.

R,
Bullseye
Yes it sure did make all of the national news programs on 666 day. Have not been down that way in some time, one of these afternoons Ma and Bear and I will take a road trip to Hell and back, maybe even stop for an ice cream cone. That is if they have it in Hell, maybe only, how do you get hot ice cream? :?: :?:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:38 am

Well that's a helluva place to go for a day trip. I understand they have an Ice Cream Shop and a Souveneir Store there in town. I personnaly think an ice cream is dandy but a enjoying snow cone in Hell would be even sweeter.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:59 am

Bullseye wrote:Well that's a helluva place to go for a day trip. I understand they have an Ice Cream Shop and a Souveneir Store there in town. I personnaly think an ice cream is dandy but a enjoying snow cone in Hell would be even sweeter.

R,
Bullseye
You know the old saying about, that will happen when Hell freezes over, that would be some time January normally. Just did MS streets and trips route and it is 73 miles from my house to the middle of Hell. here is a link to Hell http://www.hell2u.com/index.htm
One of these days soon I think Ma and Bear and I are going to have to do a road trip in the middle of the week and go to Hell and back. Nice thing about being retired is mid week road trips without all the weekend traffic.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:44 pm

Len,

I saw this the other day and remembered you were looking for a different rest system for your Great Eight with the scope.

Adjustable Pistol Rest (image won't direct link)

If you want further details try here. Sportsmanguide.com

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Bullseye wrote:Len,

I saw this the other day and remembered you were looking for a different rest system for your Great Eight with the scope.

Adjustable Pistol Rest (image won't direct link)

If you want further details try here. Sportsmanguide.com

Hope this helps.

Looks good and not ovrly expensive, may have to look into one of them when I get back home, have made some mods to my home built one to get ome elevation adjustment with a hand wheel. Am on a trip to the UP visitng my son who and grandchildren, he is about your age. Slept under a pierziena last night and have not done that since I was a kid, did I spell that righ felow Polak?

R,
Bullseye

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:57 pm

I have no idea how to spell that. I've been "americanized" and cannot speak or spell in polish.

I saw that rest and was thinking of your home-made rest. Looks like it has all the adjustments you need for some fine shooting.

Have a great vacation.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:59 pm

Bullseye wrote:I have no idea how to spell that. I've been "americanized" and cannot speak or spell in polish.

I saw that rest and was thinking of your home-made rest. Looks like it has all the adjustments you need for some fine shooting.

Have a great vacation.

R,
Bullseye
Me too, went to Polish grade school with the dreaded Penguins ( Felician Nuns) and had some Polish and could spell some and knew a lot of words but never did learn to speak the language. Could read the language and could spell it but we hade what they called Polish reading in grade school, they taught you to read it but never tried to teach you tha language. Now that is going back a lot of year, like more than 60. Pierziena, belive there should be a dot over the Z, was a down comforter of feathertick as they used to call them. When I get back I will have to try out my new rest, but thanks for looking into tht one, Sealkiller may be interested in somthing like that.

bearandoldman

pistol rest

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:56 pm

After going to the website and looking things over, I see that is really not a rest t0 shoot from but a rest to hold the gun so you can adjust the sight to look where the gun is shooting. You musth have done this in the past becauae I have and we do think along the same lines. Take the rifle as I have in the past and shoot a group and while holding it in the position with the sights on your point of aim you adjusted teh sights to point at the point of impact, therfore the gun is sighter in without counting clicks as we do and allowing for what a 1/4 minute click at 100 converts to at whatever the distance we are shooting at. After I read the description I can see that it is meant to hold the gun on poi as you adjust the sight. We all know that you do not make a gun shoot where you are looking as you have to adjust the sight so tht it is looking where the gun is shoorting. But if you took that clamp off the grip and hand held it, it sure would make a great shooting rest, as you would have all kind of adjustment to get it steady and a good repeatable rest. PM meyour phone nuber some time I sure would enjopy talking to you if you would care to.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Pierziena, belive there should be a dot over the Z, was a down comforter of feathertick as they used to call them.
Sounds a lot like a Polish Futon.

Upon a second look, I see what you mean about that rest. Looks to me that since the front section is padded you could use it for shooting, as long as you didn't tighten the grip mount.

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:10 pm

Bullseye wrote:
Pierziena, belive there should be a dot over the Z, was a down comforter of feathertick as they used to call them.
Sounds a lot like a Polish Futon.

Upon a second look, I see what you mean about that rest. Looks to me that since the front section is padded you could use it for shooting, as long as you didn't tighten the grip mount.

R,
Bullseye
Did you ever see a Polish dump truck? Besides that on the rest, I would think if you toook off the clamp and just left a base to rest on it would make a great super adjustable rest, maybe Sealkiller could use one of these?
Polish dump truck =one big Polack a wheelbarrow and a 12 pack of fuel aka Bud.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:13 pm

I had the job of Polish Dump Truck operator many times. :D

R,
Bullseye

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:22 pm

Bullseye wrote:I had the job of Polish Dump Truck operator many times. :D

R,
Bullseye
As long as you got enough fuel