Mark II.org is down again

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Mark II.org is down again

Post by Bullseye » Thu May 11, 2006 5:52 pm

If you didn't already know, the Mark II forum has been under multiple hack attacks. Rook has been sending me (and others) e-mails on the current forum status. These are particularly heinous attacks designed to hide trojans within the board format. As many of you know, I started this forum to help keep communications up with the membership when the other forum has trouble. Feel free to meet here and converse during these down times while the Mark II forum is under repair. As always, everyone here is welcome to share their ideas and camaraderie about firearms.

Thanks,

Bullseye

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Thu May 11, 2006 6:36 pm

I wonder if this a--hole who keeps messing up the site knows he is playing with a bunch of gun nuts?
If he is ever traced down I think he will be shown the error of his ways.
By the way, do you have a source for a new MK11 678? I've bought two from Impact Guns and a couple of weeks ago they still had 24 on hand.
Now they are out and I've sold the two I tweaked up and am looking for another one to keep.

R,Jack

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu May 11, 2006 9:27 pm

Jack I've been involved in other areas over the last few weeks, and haven't had much time to pursue my craft. I will keep an eye out for any Mark II 678's. If I run across one, I'll drop you a line.

R,
Bullseye

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Fri May 12, 2006 8:36 am

Thanks Bullseye, I can't seem to hold on to one of the long barrel pistols.
Every time I get one all tweaked out, using the info I've learned on the forums, I show it to a friend and he makes me an offer I can't refuse.
One more and I'll have made enough profit to pay for a super tweaked keeper.

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Tue May 23, 2006 12:01 pm

MarkII.org has been down ... seems like a couple weeks, now.
is there any "Guess-timate" on its revival... or re-incarnation ?

I appreciate the effort to keep a forum UP, when all goes well,
much less when under "virtual attack", we could shoot-back
if it was a literal attack... :evil:

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Thu May 25, 2006 9:36 pm

I'm busy mocking a test server on my own system to try a software upgrade on the forum database. Once that clears, then I'll try it on the site. Upon completion the site should reopen. It won't have the MarkII theme anymore, but at least the forum will be up and running. I'm estimating another week before the site is back open, pending no pot holes in the road ahead.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Thu May 25, 2006 10:05 pm

RooK wrote:I'm busy mocking a test server on my own system to try a software upgrade on the forum database. Once that clears, then I'll try it on the site. Upon completion the site should reopen. It won't have the MarkII theme anymore, but at least the forum will be up and running. I'm estimating another week before the site is back open, pending no pot holes in the road ahead.
Good luck Rook, from Bear and the oldman. Do you think it was that bragger adn troublemaker Johnny Nitro taht after he was banned, came backas Lazarus who arose from the dead. He bragged about hacking websites and causing problems and he was on e also.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

RooK
Markiii.org Owner
Markiii.org Owner

Post by RooK » Fri May 26, 2006 4:45 pm

No idea, and I really have no way of finding out at this point. Whoever it was, I believe was exploiting a bug in the software. Something we won't know until the new stuff is up and then we'll see if problems persist.

bearandoldman

forum

Post by bearandoldman » Fri May 26, 2006 5:40 pm

RooK wrote:No idea, and I really have no way of finding out at this point. Whoever it was, I believe was exploiting a bug in the software. Something we won't know until the new stuff is up and then we'll see if problems persist.
Good luck, I know you just finished classes until next fall and I know ther are alot of other things a youn man must want to do instead of repairing some ones stupidity. :twisted:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Yleefox
Advanced contributor
Advanced contributor

Mark ii org

Post by Yleefox » Wed May 31, 2006 7:42 am

Rook

I wonder if you have considered (or possibly have) filing a complaint with the FBI. I took a look at their website and it appears they would investigate the incident that has caused you, and all of us who enjoy Mark ii, much grief.

Just a thought
Yleefox

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Mark ii org

Post by toyfj40 » Wed May 31, 2006 10:49 am

Yleefox wrote:Rook
I wonder if you have considered (or possibly have) filing a complaint with the FBI. I took a look at their website and it appears they would investigate the incident that has caused you, and all of us who enjoy Mark ii, much grief.
Just a thought
Yleefox
often-times, such a "complaint" needs some supporting complainers...
ie. "US"!! ... if such a legit contact point is found and the gest of a
supporting complaint is outlined, I'd be more than happy to re-word it
as my own and print/stamp/mail it ... please let us(me) know...

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:06 pm

I finally heard back from Rook the other day, he says he's having a lot of trouble converting the Mark II forum over on his computer system. He also mentions not having a lot of time to do the conversion. All in all, doesn't look good in the near future for Mark II.org.

Just thought I'd post an update.

R,
Bullseye

Ripsaw
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Ripsaw » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:55 pm

Bummer about markii.org. That was a very informative sight with lots of knowlegeable people. I see amny of the same names on this site. What a shame that there are malicious people with nothing better to do.They should take up shooting. Its a better class of people.

Ripsaw