Too Quiet

The place to discuss items of a general nature or items that do not fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

ruger22
Master contributor
Master contributor

Too Quiet

Post by ruger22 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:08 pm

No posts since July, a response to my post about the Guardian 32. Seeing this forum so dead is sad. There is a treasure trove of knowledge here, and more questions that could be answered by our talented members. I hope all are well.

I'll wish everyone fair weather, good shooting, and a safe, happy Thanksgiving.
* Two Bearcat stainless, w/ EWK ejector housings & Wolff springs
* SP-101 .22LR, w/ Wolff springs
* Two NAA Guardian .32ACP
* Three Zastava M70 .32ACP
* S&W 15-22 Sport (.22LR AR)

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Re: Too Quiet

Post by Hakaman » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:35 pm

I agree, it used to be a good group of posters in here, I don't know where they all went. I will post a comment of what happened to my LCR recently. Well shooting, get jammed up inside and would not fire anymore. I brought the gun home from the range and disassembled to find the transfer bar had broken in half. I probably have somewhere near 800 rounds through the gun. It is my favorite carry gun because the trigger is so nice on it it seems to just fit me. I can also carry it in my front pocket with a pocket holster which makes it very convenient. I sent it back to Ruger have them replace the transfer bar and correct another issue that's been bugging me with this revolver. When closing the cylinder back into action, the cylinder would sometimes rotate almost a full turn before it locked in place. This is a known problem with some lcr's, as well as the transfer bar breaking. They replace the transfer bar, installed a new pawl, and repaired the trigger (?). As disappointed as I was with the failure of the transfer bar, Ruger repaired it and returned it to me with the whole event taking only 7 business days. I have lost a bit of confidence in its reliability to endure some range usage while being my carry gun. It really is a nice shooter though for a pocket gun.

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:18 am

This is not the only forum that is very quiet. There are several I visit and there is very little to no activity. I only check this site once a week since it's slowed way down.
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:39 am

It's strange that it is so slow because there are so many gun owners out there. Where has everybody gone?