Action Magic II and Ballistol oil ??

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

montveil

Action Magic II and Ballistol oil ??

Post by montveil » Sun May 18, 2008 6:10 pm

I have been reading great things about Ballistol oil and Action Magic II super lube.
I cannot separate the hype from fact.
Are these products all they say they are? Would you use them on your firearms?

Thanks

flutedchamber

Post by flutedchamber » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:57 am

I have used only the Action Magic II. In my opinion it is an excellent product. I use it on my pistols on the slide contact areas and on all trigger/sear/disconnector components as well as the recoil and hammer spring assemblies. Basically if it moves it gets treated. I also use it on my rifles in the same areas. The 10-22 is made for this product in my opinion.

I have used this on both steel and stainless steel products with equally great results.

One of the great benefits of this product is that grit and powder residue can be easily brushed or blown out. After a long time of use you can re-apply the powder and burnish it without going thru the primer step as you did the first time.

My reloading presses (Dillon 1050 and Super 1050) also get the treatment. It takes the place of grease on the shellplate and makes cleanup much easier.

I have had my bottles over two years and they are half gone after treating almost every gun I own. A little goes a long way.

MTGUNNER

Using Ballistol

Post by MTGUNNER » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:08 am

A few years ago when I was in TX, I stripped my Win 1300 and used Ballistol on all of it. The next morning I went duck hunting in SE TX and on the way to the blind in about a foot-and-a-half of water, I tripped and went down on my hands and knees with the shotgun in my left hand :oops:

I picked it up, drained and shook it off and hunted with it that day. When done, I put it in the case and took it home. Should have cleaned it that night, but was too tired. The next afternoon, I took it out, expecting to have to remove a bunch of surface rust, but had to do absolutely nothing to it !!! :shock:

I couldn't believe it. I have used it on every firearm I have since that day. :D

toyfj40
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by toyfj40 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 pm

nah, it's just that "Texas water" even 'likes firearms'... :lol:

good "testimonial"... thanks. take care...
-- toy