My guns jammed....

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

hogdogs

My guns jammed....

Post by hogdogs » Sun May 04, 2008 12:01 pm

SOLID... I fired one round lastnight the gun was pretty clean. Bolt came back never went forward. Trigger is not engaged and I tried to field strip to free it up and no go on that either... is this a stuck sear condition? How to fix? It is a MKIII 22/45...
Brent

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Re: My guns jammed....

Post by bearandoldman » Sun May 04, 2008 1:06 pm

hogdogs wrote:SOLID... I fired one round lastnight the gun was pretty clean. Bolt came back never went forward. Trigger is not engaged and I tried to field strip to free it up and no go on that either... is this a stuck sear condition? How to fix? It is a MKIII 22/45...
Brent
Sounds like you may have adjusted out too muchy of the pre travel and the trigger will not reset, try pusing the trigger forward and force it to reset. Also like Bullseye says bang the muzzlew on a block of wood on the floor and that may help it release.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun May 04, 2008 1:18 pm

I need more info to help. What is the status of the pistol now? Is the bolt still back? Describe everything as it is so I can make recommendations as to a remedy.

R,
Bullseye

hogdogs

Post by hogdogs » Sun May 04, 2008 1:55 pm

The bolt is back/open and has no fore and aft play as it would if against the empty mag stop. trigger is freely moving as not engaged on anything. safety moves freely but doesn't aft trigger in any way. Opening the lever to strip it won't open to release the action.
Brent

hogdogs

Post by hogdogs » Sun May 04, 2008 1:57 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Nevermind....
:oops: :oops: :oops:
I tapped the bolt a few times with palm a tad harder :twisted: and all is fine... feels like debris in action gonna strip it.
Brent

hogdogs

Post by hogdogs » Sun May 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Factory screw plug in receiver for scope rail too far in and catching bolt :oops:
Brent

bearandoldman

Post by bearandoldman » Sun May 04, 2008 4:46 pm

hogdogs wrote:Factory screw plug in receiver for scope rail too far in and catching bolt :oops:
Brent
That makes sense.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.