Slide-Glide

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Slide-Glide

Post by boomer47 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:32 pm

I just received an order of Slide-Glide Lite from Brian Enos. It is absolutely the best grease for a firearm that I've seen. As his ads state, it stays where you put it and it is slicker than any grease I've tried, almost like a heavy oil except it stays put where oil won't.
I lubed the rails/slide and hammer/slide interface with it on my Colt Gold Cup, Kel-Tec P-40,P-32,P-3at and the bolt and hammer/ interface on my Hunter. Also used it on the bolt of my Marlin .22 rifle bolt and can't believe how slick it feels now.
Makes a world of difference in the smoothness of the actions.
Now I'll have to get into my revolvers and try it on those actions.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:22 pm

I may have to give some a try. I've used Tetra before but never this stuff. I'm really curious how it'll react to the cold weather.

R,
Bullseye

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:32 pm

Bullseye,

Brian has 3 different viscosities. The Lite should be good for any temp. south of the north pole.
I think I have a bottle/tube of every lube made but this is the first one I've seen that really makes a big difference in the working of the actions on several different firearms.
The bolts in my Hunter,512 and Marlin bolt action .22 all showed a big improvement in smoothness and the Lite really slicked up the feel and ease of racking of the slides on all of my larger caliber autos.
Try a tub and see.

http://www.brianenos.com/store/slide-glide.html

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:57 pm

Since my last post about Slide-Glide I've run around 600 rounds total through my Hunter, Kel-Tec P-40 and P-3AT. This Slide-Glide stuff is really the best lube I've seen. Stays where you put it and after a little use seems to act like a hi-vis oil, not as thick as grease but not as thin as oil.
Excellent lube.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:02 pm

If this is as good as you say then it might be worth a try on my AR bolt. I'm always looking for a good lube that won't collect too much grit.

R,
Bullseye

boomer47
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by boomer47 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:45 pm

Try it Bullseye.
By now it is starting to look like I'm selling the stuff or have stock in the co.
Nah, it is just a fine lube. I used it on the bolt of my Hunter for around 75 rounds. It picked up a little powder residue but seemed a little slicker after it had worked in.
When I cleaned the bolt I tried to just rub the grease off with a cloth, no go. Even after a wipe down with solvent(prepsol) the bolt still seemed to have a light coating of grease on it.
It seems to thin out a bit with use but it stays where you put it and I don't think anything short of 30 below would faze it. ( I bought the "Lite" version)

By the way, I now have somewere around 16-1700 rounds through the Hunter with that firing pin mod with only one ftf and that one would not fire after rotating it all around the chamber and getting pin strikes at different spots.
Thats with Mini-Mags, Dynapoints and Fed. Spitfires with a few Stingers thrown in.
I've got a Wolff extra power recoil spring ordered and am going to try it with Aguila Super Max. The Hunter might not like it but my Marlin 81TS rifle loves so I'll give it a whirl in the Hunter.
Have you tried the stronger springs? Results?