Changing the trigger pull on a MK-III

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

markIIIronp

Changing the trigger pull on a MK-III

Post by markIIIronp » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:41 pm

Can I successfully decrease my trigger pull on a MK III 10/45 by reworking the original factory parts? I do not really want to spend the $100 or more for an accurizing kit. I disassembled the pistol, using bullseye on-line instructions, which by the way were excellent, and polished the seer, hammer and disconector lever. This made for a smoother trigger pull, but still measured 4 lbs on a gauge. I took it apart a second and used a fine stone on the hammer where it lays against the seer and repolished the area. I now have a 3.8 lb. pull. Can I continue this process safely until I wind up with the desired 2.5 lb pull?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:48 pm

Welcome to Guntalk-online! I really look forward to exchanging ideas with you so I'm hoping you pay close attention to my answers to this particular question.

Really not a good idea for inexperienced/part-timer. See this link to my earlier response to this same question on the other forum. http://www.guntalk-online.com/forum/vie ... =5222#5222

R,
Bullseye

neophyte

Post by neophyte » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Bullseye: Sir; I thought I had looked and read all your 'instructions' WOW factor again.
Thanks
Craig

By the standards of most