Federal ammo ?

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am

bearandoldman wrote: Tried some CCE Standard and Green Tag and shot some groups off a rest and the Green Tag at twice the price was not twice as accurate.
The CCI Green Tag in my CZ 452 American shoots about a .15 in. better group at 50 yards than all the others. Certainly not twice as accurate but when I'm looking for smaller groups (and I always am), it's worth every penny at about 10 bucks per 100.

sniper

Post by sniper » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:47 am

I have ben confused by some Federal ammo I have seen at Wal Mart, and
some other places. Different colored box, 525/box. Load # 750, Plated HP. It looks the same as the load #745, except for the color of the box and the number, which Federal didn't catalog, the last time I looked. Does anyone know what gives?

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:33 am

It's the same as the old golden box ammo, they just packaged it differently (maroon color) and upgraded the velocity data.

R,
Bullseye

Song Dawg
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by Song Dawg » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:06 pm

According to Federal the Wally World Fed Bulk stuff is as Bullseye stated, however several on various forums don't believe it.
I haven't shot any of the Moroon box stuff yet but it's just a matter of time. The pre maroon shoots very well in my MKII and is acceptable plinkin' ammo out of the rifles.
One thing's for sure in my target build 1022's, NS 522, Rem 597 and Rem 552 the FED AUTO MATCH is very accurate.
I wish to heck it'd stop going up in $$.

SD

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:47 am

have used about 4 or so of the new packaging in my Ruger 10/22's and my 22/45's and see little or maybe a little more accuracy Io my estimation. It seems to shoat slightly more accurate from the bench in my 10/22' than the other older package, just my thoughts and no scientific data.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.