Got my VQ hammer and sear installed

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Decado

Got my VQ hammer and sear installed

Post by Decado » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:40 am

I got them in the mail yesterday and dropped them in, seems the VQ hammer and sear are a little firmer than what the previous owner had in there.

Bullseye, you may be fimiliar with my thread over on RFC, you instructed me to replace my sear and hammer, I also put the factory trigger back in.

I think I put the sear spring in wrong though, I was looking at the pics on here again before taking the 22/45 to the range and I noticed the sear springs long leg is supposed to be behind the pin and not in front of it.

So, I am canceling my range trip to take the pistol back home and put it back together right.

I am also wondering if I can use the Marvel trigger with my VQ sear and hammer, its got a lighter plunger spring and is adjustable.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:31 pm

Yes, you need to move the long leg of the sear spring behind the hammer pivot pin or neither pin will be fully locked in place. This is the most common mis assembly of the 22/45 pistol.

The Marvel trigger will work just fine with your VQ parts. You may find that its blocky construction inhibits smooth operation. There is a cut you can make on the trigger's disconnector pivot pin point to fix that, only if it is a problem. Most 22/45's do not need this cut, but some pistols will not move fully rearward to release the sear without it.

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:56 pm

I have yet to try a Marvel. Are they pretty nice? I have one MKII left with a factory trigger, and am thinking that I may as well finish it off. Where do I go to get a Marvel?
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:45 pm

You have to order them directly from Marvel Precision on this page - http://www.marvelprod.com/orderform.htm . Here's a look at the page for the trigger - http://www.marvelprecision.com/newtriggers.htm

Marvel triggers are adjustable on several different levels - including minor adjustments to the trigger face positioning. These will work in all models of Ruger 22 Auto pistols. I have used them Mark I to Mark III pistols. Here's a picture of one in a Mark III:

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:12 pm

Do you have a recommended vendor for these?
If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked long ago.

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:15 pm

JJ, I haven't ordered them from anywhere else but Marvel Precision. I do not believe any vendors carry the Marvel Ruger adjustable trigger.

R,
Bullseye

jjfunk
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Post by jjfunk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Shoot got caught up with the eye-candy and then only read what was under the picture. Sorry 'bout that. I'll look into it. Thanks!