MKIII 22/45 Detail Strip

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

greener

MKIII 22/45 Detail Strip

Post by greener » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:36 pm

Just added a VQ trigger and sear to my MKIII 22/45. The detailed strip instructions made it easy. I'm not sure that the trigger and sear is quite as good as the trigger/sear/hammer upgrade. Tomorrow at the range will tell.

Thanks for the link, Bullseye.

Blindpig

Re: MKIII 22/45 Detail Strip

Post by Blindpig » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:42 am

greener wrote:Just added a VQ trigger and sear to my MKIII 22/45. The detailed strip instructions made it easy. I'm not sure that the trigger and sear is quite as good as the trigger/sear/hammer upgrade. Tomorrow at the range will tell.

Thanks for the link, Bullseye.
Post some pics of your targets, buddy. We want to see how good you are!

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:36 pm

I don't believe I could tell the difference between the two accurizing kits on the range. The hammer and sear worked out just fine.

Blindpig, if the warming weather doesn't give me an uncontrollable itch to see if the boat still floats, I'll dust off my wide angle lens and get some pics this weekend.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:11 am

greener wrote:I don't believe I could tell the difference between the two accurizing kits on the range. The hammer and sear worked out just fine.

Blindpig, if the warming weather doesn't give me an uncontrollable itch to see if the boat still floats, I'll dust off my wide angle lens and get some pics this weekend.
Well, I have to say that I am shocked,, absolutely shocked that you would even consider going fishing and pass up a trip to the range!! Whatever "floats your boat", however! :lol:

greener

Post by greener » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:57 pm

I stand hoisted on my on petard. Several years ago I told my wife that you incurred expensive repairs if you stored aluminum boats above 45 degrees for periods longer than two weeks without hours of soaking the hull and that it was an absolute requirement that these boat hulls be thoroughly soaked after long exposure to cold weather. I also have convinced her that a requirement for the annual fishing license, which each boat owner must posses, is that you must buy new gear prior to purchasing the license. (Fiberglass boats will delaminate if one does not soak them more regularly.)

I'm working on convincing her that Virginia's "one gun per month law" requires for continuance of the CCW that you purchase one per month.

She is very concerned that I do not damage the boat and do not run afoul of fishing or firearms laws.

Decisions, decisions... Of course, the VDGIF has a place an hour away with the firing range and boat launch a quarter-mile apart.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Well, greener, old buddy, I've certainly learned one thing here. The next time I need to slip something by my wife, I know who I can turn to for some good advice! You may need to publish a book!

greener

.22 Cal Shot Gun

Post by greener » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:58 pm

Decided it was too cold and windy to go fishing. After calling my therapist, I went to the range to try out the mods on the 22/45. the target below is more rounds than I care to count. Shot Fed Value Pack (36 gr hp), CCI standard velocity and CCI Blazer. The MKIII's usually do ok with Fed Value Pack ammo, but today I got considerable scatter with the 22A, single six, MKIII 22/45 and MKIII Hunter. CCI SV and Blazer did much better. Target was 15 yards

[/img]

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:41 am

Not too shabby, especially if it was cold and windy. My Mark II likes that cheapo Federal Value Pac stuff also. I can usually get as good a group with that as anything else. Keep up the good work! :D

greener

Post by greener » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:14 pm

Most of the .22 I shoot is Fed Value pack. Usually, the MKIII's and single six do pretty well with it. Saturday, I could tell when I switched to either of the CCI's. The 22A always does noticeably better with SV ammo. When you start emulating buckshot, it's always the ammo or the weapon, or the weather, or excuse No's 3, 7, 22 and 6. It's never the shooter. LOL.

I liked the way th trigger and sear worked on the 22/45.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:19 am

greener wrote:Most of the .22 I shoot is Fed Value pack. Usually, the MKIII's and single six do pretty well with it. Saturday, I could tell when I switched to either of the CCI's. The 22A always does noticeably better with SV ammo. When you start emulating buckshot, it's always the ammo or the weapon, or the weather, or excuse No's 3, 7, 22 and 6. It's never the shooter. LOL.

I liked the way th trigger and sear worked on the 22/45.
Do you ever use CCI Green Tag? It's pretty pricey but when I shoot my CZ 452 American, it always gets the best groups off a sand bag. I run a few rounds thru my Mark II once in a while and it gets good groups with that also.

greener

Post by greener » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Will try some Green tag. I tend to stay away from the pricy ammo. CCI SV at $16/brick, locally, is about as pricy as I get. I guess I should get some good target ammo and see what I can do on one of my "on" days.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:49 pm

I get the Green Tag here locally at Academy. It's about 10 bucks per 100 rounds but it sure is consistent. I've got my CZ 452 sighted in at 50 yards with it so that's what I usually use in it.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:56 pm

Blindpig wrote:I get the Green Tag here locally at Academy. It's about 10 bucks per 100 rounds but it sure is consistent. I've got my CZ 452 sighted in at 50 yards with it so that's what I usually use in it.

It is good ammo no doubt and very consistent. But it does not shoot twice as good as 5.00 a box ammo. Besides us old guys are cheap by nature and low income. When it comes to ammo we do the action games and we go for quantity and not quality. For 10 to 11 bucks I can get 550 :o :o + rounds of Federal bulk at Wally World :lol:
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.

Blindpig

Post by Blindpig » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:20 pm

bearandoldman wrote:
Blindpig wrote:I get the Green Tag here locally at Academy. It's about 10 bucks per 100 rounds but it sure is consistent. I've got my CZ 452 sighted in at 50 yards with it so that's what I usually use in it.

It is good ammo no doubt and very consistent. But it does not shoot twice as good as 5.00 a box ammo. Besides us old guys are cheap by nature and low income. When it comes to ammo we do the action games and we go for quantity and not quality. For 10 to 11 bucks I can get 550 :o :o + rounds of Federal bulk at Wally World :lol:
Actually, in my CZ 452, it is about twice as good, relatively speaking. With everything else, I can only get about a half-inch group at 50 yards but the Green Tag produces groups at a quarter inch or less. Wish it wasn't so, because, like you, I'm a cheap old guy when it comes to spending money on ammo but I'm still seeking the Holy Grail (one ragged hole)! Don't even get me started on the price of 5.56 NATO for my AR!