Microsight

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Microsight

Post by Hakaman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 pm

I have been having great success using my clip on reading glasses while target shooting.
I have been finding out that unless you can see the the front sight somewhat clearly, you'll
probably have a difficult time hitting the target. With the help of the clip ons, I have been grouping quite well.
With that in mind, I have been eying this product for my service rifle. Anybody have any experience with this device:

http://www.accurateshooter.com/optics/m ... on-sights/

haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:46 am

If this is true it could be a big break in sighting technology. This is one of those times I'd like to get my hands on one of these Microsight lenses for testing. It looks like they are not available commercially yet. A similar system for AR style rifles is this http://www.bjonessights.com/AR15.html

While the BJones sight doesn't use a fresnal lens, it does add a diopter lens to the service rifle sights to aid with focusing. Maybe combining these two styles of technology could result in a better service rifle sight for most shooters.

R,
Bullseye

blue68f100
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by blue68f100 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 am

Interesting concept/technology I wonder if it will work on handguns........
David

SS MKIII 6 7/8" Fluted Hunter. Mueller Quick Shot, Bushnell 2x Scope, Hogue Rubber Grips
Custom Built 1911

Hakaman
Master contributor
Master contributor

Post by Hakaman » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:06 pm

Interesting concept/technology I wonder if it will work on handguns........
The video alludes to an intention to make them for handguns, hopefully in the near future.
Haka

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 am

Maybe an eyeglass piece like the Merit Optical device containing one of these lenses would be better for handguns. I'm not really sure how they would incorporate one of these for iron sights without using a peep sight style.

From the article it looks like they are investigating how to use this technology in optical scopes like red dots and traditional rifle scopes. It could increase light gathering at high magnifications which would be a huge benefit for scoped shooting.

R,
Bullseye