Ruger mark 1 trigger pin removal.... How??

The place to discuss the inner workings of firearms.

Moderators: Bullseye, Moderators

mikeAZ

Ruger mark 1 trigger pin removal.... How??

Post by mikeAZ » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks for all the help I've gotten on my Mark 111. They are up and running " VQ" sears, "Sam" bushing, Brownells springs etc..... Now I'm back to my Mark 1... I don't know what to do to remove the trigger, the (trigger pin) But I don't see any spring or anything holding the trigger pin in. I've looked at the Mark 11 instructions ... but I don't see any spring to push on??? It doesn't want to tap out? I don't think this pistol has ever been disassembled before.... I've searched here. It's about 99 percent nice. Mike

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:54 am

Hi Mike, there is an 'E' clip on the right hand side of the trigger pin holding it into the frame. You can use a Jeweler's screwdriver to push it off the pin and down into the frame. Once you remove the trigger you can recover the snap ring for installation. The 'E' clip ring is shown on this picture as A34-1 (circled in red).

Hope this helps.

R,
Bullseye
Last edited by Bullseye on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeAZ

Yep, helped

Post by mikeAZ » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 am

Well, that's it... I could see something in there but didn't have the parts diagram. A side note: I shoot at Rio Salado in Arizona in various competitions on a weekly basis. My wife never liked the competition atmosphere... finally got her to try the monthly steel plate 22 match, now we are regular competitors. Took my 40 year old son out last Sunday to the match.. he also had never had shot in competition before and did very well. All this gives me a chance to tinker with more guns!! :lol: :lol:

Bullseye
Site Admin/Host
Site Admin/Host

Post by Bullseye » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:35 am

That's great! It's amazing what can happen once somebody actually tries a shooting competition/league. The more folks that join in the better it is for everyone. Now you two have one more thing in common. Have fun!

R,
Bullseye

greener

Post by greener » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I spent a while and a bit of technical language getting that clip off. The hard part was it was very difficult to see.

bearandoldman
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte
Ye Loquacious Olde Pharte

Post by bearandoldman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 am

greener wrote:I spent a while and a bit of technical language getting that clip off. The hard part was it was very difficult to see.
Being an old service tech, I can vouch for the use of the proper nomenclature to get the job done, those words do not appear in the service manuals, they are things you learn as you go.
You have great day and shoot straight and may the Good Lord smile on you.